Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #3441
snow
Noblesse Oblige

snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?
Default Re: Look Hu's Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
You should print out his messages and his picture on large 10x14 papers and tape them up around the ptq site with a warning for people to look out for this racist bigoted hatemonger
YES!

i love this idea.

are you going to the ptq?

Spoiler:

Phu
1 Tunnel Ignus
1 Viscera Seer
1 Pulse Tracker
snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #3442
JonasDash
Fire & Blood
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

yeah, I'll be there

If life's not beautiful without the pain, well, I would just rather never ever even see beauty again

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #3443
lordofnight991
I'm a lawyer.
Repeat Contributor

lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to lordofnight991 Send a message via Skype™ to lordofnight991

Am interested only for the drama.

I'm totally gonna hit on that guy all weekend.

lordofnight991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #3444
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Contributor

grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Yeah. I filed and the IRS accepted mine on the 2nd. Whatever fuck up happened caused the delay in my tax return. I was supposed to have it on the 14th...
Refund direct deposit updated to feb 27th. Definitely happier with it and they're only 4 days past the 10-21 days for processing.

Can you CS,B someone in a blog if it's not their blog?
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #3445
jrj8541
Heeeeey Youuuuus Guysssss
Repeat Contributor

jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?jrj8541 , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Refund direct deposit updated to feb 27th. Definitely happier with it and they're only 4 days past the 10-21 days for processing.

Can you CS,B someone in a blog if it's not their blog?

Would I ever leave this company? Look, Iím all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what Iím being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, Iím going wherever they value loyalty the most.
jrj8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #3446
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Contributor

grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?grimlock , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj8541 View Post
Man, I wish I worked for Bro, INC.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #3447
Lapsing Film
Wanna-be Pro

Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film Lapsing Film

that white guy is pretty hot for regular white guy standards
Lapsing Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #3448
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqdao View Post
Odds on Mr. Haskins showing up.
Odds on Mr. Haskins assaults Haibing.
I know I shouldn't say this, but I almost hope this happens. I think Shuman is the HJ this weekend... That would be epic.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #3449
binger
You know who this is
Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

I'm reading Chapin's GP Baltimore report, and he starts going off on a tangent after the actual report. It's something about all these (3) female players making top 8s at GPs in the last 4 month. Needless to say Chapin gets a little dramatic.

Quote:
I am so #@!%ing proud of Jackie, Mary, and Melissa, I want to cry. When I am seventy, I am going to be telling my grandkids about this exact four-month stretch. This is not an exaggeration. These three women made three times the number of GP Top 8s than were made in the previous 15 years! Women are outperforming men, percentage-wise, for the first time ever! This is the beginnings of our Billie Jean King, our Jackie Robinson. It may not be long before the first woman Top 8s a Pro Tour. We are watching history happening right now, and just as with Billie Jean King and Jackie Robinson, there are going to be people hating on those pushing for progress.
One of the problems is the language used at magic tournaments.

Quote:
For instance, sometimes players don't realize when the language they are using is further perpetuating the underlying sexism of the culture. One of the worst examples of this is the use of "rape" slang. The use of rape terminology as slang for dominating someone hurts the effort to break down the barrier—and not because women are the only rape victims (in fact, at least 10-20 percent of rape victims are men). The problem is that it further perpetuates a language that takes the worst of human behavior and uses it to describe something "good."
This is where it got me. He has to be making up these numbers. I thought the % of men getting raped is fairly low, closer to 1%-2%. Who goes around targeting men? Guys can be deceptively strong. Most probably fight back a lot more. I'm guessing a higher % carry concealed weapons. And who really wants to rape guys when there are women around.

And then it dawned on me. PRISON. When you're surrounded by only men, shit happens. Dude served time. 10%-20% probably isn't far off. Poor guy.

Encyclopedia Brown cracked up for about a minute after solving that mystery.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #3450
lordofnight991
I'm a lawyer.
Repeat Contributor

lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to lordofnight991 Send a message via Skype™ to lordofnight991

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
I'm reading Chapin's GP Baltimore report, and he starts going off on a tangent after the actual report. It's something about all these (3) female players making top 8s at GPs in the last 4 month. Needless to say Chapin gets a little dramatic.

One of the problems is the language used at magic tournaments.

This is where it got me. He has to be making up these numbers. I thought the % of men getting raped is fairly low, closer to 1%-2%. Who goes around targeting men? Guys can be deceptively strong. Most probably fight back a lot more. I'm guessing a higher % carry concealed weapons. And who really wants to rape guys when there are women around.

And then it dawned on me. PRISON. When you're surrounded by only men, shit happens. Dude served time. 10%-20% probably isn't far off. Poor guy.

Encyclopedia Brown cracked up for about a minute after solving that mystery.
http://www.rainn.org/get-information...ssault-victims

lordofnight991 is online now   Reply With Quote