Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.
Default Premier Play Changes

2013-2014 Premier Play Changes/Outline

Summary of changes:

However, there was a massive uproar on twitter, because of a major issue that many pro players pointed out:

If you're not yet Silver and have just Top 4ed a Grand Prix (qualifying you for the next Pro Tour), do you concede so you avoid making Silver right then?

By doing so, you can try to "save" your Silver Pro Tour invite for the following Pro Tour, which you aren't qualified for yet.

so........

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mtgaaron

We will regroup on the Silver invite concerns people are bringing up. If it is as flawed as the claims, we'll fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @HeleneBergeot
Already planning to discuss with the team and this will probably get changed again.
things will probably get changed.... again.

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

Last edited by JonasDash; 04-25-2013 at 12:31 AM.
JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Cecilia Jupe
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

all positive changes, good to see they are trying to make silver better. sucks i can't get shit for my silver though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post
Stop being an ass.
Cecilia Jupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
corenerd
peek-a-boo
Contributor

corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.

So no more MODO PTQs?
corenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

I don't know why they would get rid of those when they were having like 800 people entering. I thought WotC liked money.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.

learn to read? modo ptqs still there, just the silver level and gold level pro modo ptqs are gone.
Quote:
Stop being an ass.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
I don't know why they would get rid of those when they were having like 800 people entering. I thought WotC liked money.
2. Sponsor's Exemptions and Silver and Gold MTGO PTQs eliminated.

Sponsor's Exemptions stop with PT Theros, while the MTGO PTQs stop with PT Born of the Gods.

I read that as no more sliver and gold modo ptqs starting with PT Gods.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Yeah, I'm pretty out of the loop, I wasn't aware that Silver and Gold PTQs were a thing. How are (were) they different.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
corenerd
peek-a-boo
Contributor

corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty out of the loop, I wasn't aware that Silver and Gold PTQs were a thing. How are (were) they different.
I didn't know there were multiple types of PTQs on MODO

If I had to guess I would assume they are PTQs on MODO which are only open to a person with the correct Pro level.
corenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

60+ people instead of 800. The competition is a little tougher, but it's better than grinding through 10 rounds before the top 8.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

quarter and semifinal matches changed to best of three
Quote:
Stop being an ass.