Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 07-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #1001
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?
Default Re: Mgv

Slave of Bolas

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #1002
strangeuniverse
F. Life's Finale tbh

strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.strangeuniverse is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.

rofl what a ridic deck

If you ain't gon' ride fly then you might as well hate --Lil Wayne
strangeuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #1003
MGV
AS, B!

MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?

MGV's Drafts - 4/3

Round 1: Crushed by Bant (0-2). Battlegrace Angel + Finest Hour + Enlisted Wurm + 2x Excommunicate + Bant Battlemage + infy exalted dudes.

Damn Ziggurat.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DRAFT - F.jpg (98.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Damn Ziggurat.jpg (96.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by MGV; 07-02-2009 at 10:16 AM.
MGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #1004
blake31678
pitchslapped
ContributorModerator

blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?

I've never played Ziggurat for that very reason.

I think you got screwed up p1p2 when you picked the Razer. If you'd have just gone with the Skeletonize there, your deck is way more stable Grixis with possible Jund splash, imho...
blake31678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #1005
MGV
AS, B!

MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake31678 View Post
I've never played Ziggurat for that very reason.

I think you got screwed up p1p2 when you picked the Razer. If you'd have just gone with the Skeletonize there, your deck is way more stable Grixis with possible Jund splash, imho...
Hear ya. My rationale was that the guy on my right knows he's passing the Razer (with Naya Battlemage and Wild Nacatl), and so there is the possibility that he will feed me good Naya afterwards. Of course, I then decided to ignore that shard and started picking 5color cards

After picking the Predator Dragon, I probably should have switched to RB and built a deck around it.

Back to Swiss for next one.

Last edited by MGV; 07-02-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:17 AM   #1006
RagingAscetic
goddambler...

RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.
Send a message via AIM to RagingAscetic

Hey, look on the bright side... at least you've gone 2 drafts without playing Jund.

EDIT: Er... nevermind, I should just give that up.
RagingAscetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #1007
fatguy_poolshark
Mr. Negative

fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGV View Post
1st paragraph. Agreed 100%.

2nd Paragraph. There is absolutely no way to reason this in advance (unless you have a crystal ball). What I'm saying is that had I made the right pick there, I would have ended up with a much better deck as a result of correctly picking the 'best card given the situation'.

While it is true that you should analyze your decisions given the information you had at the moment, it is also benefitial to analyze the impact that taking a different decision would have had in your following actions, and in those of the players around you. Sensitivity Analysis if you will.

3rd paragraph. On the right path already. Acknowledging that I have never lost to luck/mana screw/flood is what makes me a better player every day, since it forces me to think what I could have done differently.

http://strategy.channelfireball.com/...0%99t-winning/

Read this... even if you dont learn anything its certainly lolz.
fatguy_poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #1008
MGV
AS, B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatguy_poolshark View Post
http://strategy.channelfireball.com/...0%99t-winning/

Read this... even if you dont learn anything its certainly lolz.

Entertaining, as it reminded me of a number of TMZ'ers.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #1009
MGV
AS, B!

MGV's Draft - Swiss

1-2 with first pick Battlegrace Angel

Would you have played her?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Draft - S.jpg (98.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by MGV; 07-03-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #1010
AVSuzaku
Banned

AVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irlAVSuzaku goes by user name irl
Send a message via AIM to AVSuzaku

I see Soujourners and Putrid Leeches in the board and your straight RG. Someone doesn't know how to draft fixing...
AVSuzaku is offline   Reply With Quote