Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #101
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?
Default Re: Look Hu's Talking

Man, it's Arkansas. They have like infy white versions of David.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #102
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Round 5

Game 1
The game gets into kind of a weird situation. He has some fatty and I have a 6/6 Viashino on my side. He has the 1/1 white lifegain guy with a creature that had 5 power. He missed the trigger 3 times. I got him down very low, but he's slowly, and I really mean slowly, crawing back. He was at 8 life when I draw Blightning. I attack with my 6/6 and sure enough he only chumps. I give my guy trample and take him down to 3. Blightning finishes the game.

He could have double blocked to trade. He also could have double chumped to stay at 4(I'm pretty sure he never even considered this play).

Game 2
I win this game easily with 3 spells in my hand.

Round 6

We look at the standing before this round and all the 5-1 can easily draw in. There was a clean even cut and no one should be paired down. Win this and draw into the top 8. Seems easy enough.

Game 1

I lose the roll and was force to play first. My hand contained 2 forest, Topan, and Rhox. If I draw 1 land in 2 draw phases I'm in ok shape with a 3/3 blocker. If I draw 2 lands in the next 3 draw steps, I roll him. Attack for 4, attack for 4 with a trampler while still having a 3/3 blocker.

I went with plan C and never drew a land.

Game 2

I think I'm missing a color or something. I hate this game sometimes.
binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #103
luxgladius
Swords for everyone!
Administrator

luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Game 3
I choose to draw. He plays the 2/2 GW elf on turn 2. I do nothing. He plays land and attacks on turn 3. Then he passes. I mentally pump my fist because that stupid elf scares the crap out of me.
Which Elf now? Couldn't find it, but I'm still trying to learn the format, and if Haibing's scared about it, I want to know.

Behemoth's Herald: G 1/1
Cylian Elf: 1G 2/2
Druid of the Anima: 1G 1/1
Elvish Visionary: 1G 1/1
Godtoucher: 3G 2/2
Keeper of Progenitus: 3G 1/3
Mayael the Anima: RGW 2/3
Sacellum Godspeaker: 2G 2/2
Quoted for truthery.
luxgladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #104
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

He meant the Human Druid Knight

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #105
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Money draft.

So after moping around for a while, Andres found some guy from Louisianna looking for a teamdraft. Suckers. Chris and Andres put up $10 each with dude from Louisianna. His teammates wanted to put up $20 each, so I ended up putting up $40(not complaining about this at all).

I start the draft taking fireball dragon over ORing and Jund Charm. I second pick Resounding Thunder over Blood Cultist. 3rd or 4th pick I get a gift in the form of Skeletonize. I'm pretty sure no one is in red at the moment. I then grab a couple of lands and late picks puts me into somewhat into Naya.

Second pack I get Godshire 5th.

Side rant: maximizing your luck.

I know Phu likes to complain that I got lucky with that Godshire in the second pack. What he fails to realize is I created a situation to allow that to happen. By staying fairly open in the first pack, I was able to move into Naya when I got the late game signal to do so. Any Naya bomb opened in the second or third pack had my name written on it short of a hate-draft. This is also not an enviornment where you can hate draft more than once. It's hard to build 23 card deck with proper mana fixing. I find that I'm right around the 23 card mark in almost every draft. In other formats I've seen 27-30 solid playables. Granted most of the times this happens at the begining of a set.

Let's look at another example. Phu loves to be greedy and draft 5 colors. This sets him up for packs 2 and 3. If he opens any bomb, he'll be able to take it. While many people look at his pack and tell him how lucky he is for opening a bomb, he set himself up for such an occassion. If you can play every bomb opened, all you have to do is open a bomb.

End rant.

Anyways, my deck was really good. We were ahead by 2-1 after the first set of matches. Then we were tied 3-3 after the second set of matches. We pulled it out by 3-0ing them in the last one.

Around this time, the finals were taking place. There were major mistakes on both sides. Eric had 2 pump knights, the 5/5 indestructable guy, and 9 mana sources. He has 2 lands in his hand. Sure enough, he attacks without playing a land. The other guy had Jungle Weaver and 5/7 hurricane dude. Sure enough, Eric lost a pump knight.

The other guy also chumped with a Drumhunter that was keeping him in the game.

There was also a panorama that sat in play for 3 turns.

There were multiple 7 drops on both sides of the board.

Ugh, how do these people make the finals of a PTQ?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #106
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxgladius View Post
Which Elf now? Couldn't find it, but I'm still trying to learn the format, and if Haibing's scared about it, I want to know.

Behemoth's Herald: G 1/1
Cylian Elf: 1G 2/2
Druid of the Anima: 1G 1/1
Elvish Visionary: 1G 1/1
Godtoucher: 3G 2/2
Keeper of Progenitus: 3G 1/3
Mayael the Anima: RGW 2/3
Sacellum Godspeaker: 2G 2/2
The GW guy that adds a G to your mana pool. It has vigilance. Steward of Valeron.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #107
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Oh, got banned again from TxGamers. It's not a record I'm actively trying to set, it just happens somehow.

The way I see it, if Nathan defends you, I win.

Viva something something.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #108
luxgladius
Swords for everyone!
Administrator

luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
The GW guy that adds a G to your mana pool. It has vigilance. Steward of Valeron.
Ah, I see. It's not an Elf which is why I couldn't find it.
Quoted for truthery.
luxgladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #109
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

That's a little odd. I blame Wizards.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #110
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Steward of Valeron is concepted as a Bant card, and Bant has no resident Elves apparently.
Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote