Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #111
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?
Default Re: Look Hu's Talking

OK, I think I understand the rationale for the Jund deck over the Naya, especially the mana argument. I probably way overrated having double Knight of the Skyward Eye.

Given not splashing White I see why Blightning got the nod, but why Cylian Elf? You have 5 other turn 2 plays... the only thing the Elf does that the others don't is block a 1/1 and live. I liked Jungle Weaver as also a "turn 2 play" that digs for land #3 and sets up a good target for Carrion Thrasher late-game.

I was also very surprised no Skeletal Kathari, and Thorn-Thrash Viashino instead. I haven't really experimented with Thorn-Thrash or had it played against me much yet, but it did seem to get sizeable in your games. Skeletal Kathari has been great for me in Jund to break any stalemate where there isn't a Dragon/Angel/Demon on defense.
Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #112
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Thorn-Thrasher was in there because of the double Fodders.

The problem is I had too many cards that cost 5 or more already. 7 creatures that cost at least 5 means I'm cycling Weaver most of the times. I'd rather have a bear than a cycler in most situations.
binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #113
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Spork being spork'd...priceless.

Anyways, right before lunch his cute hispanic chick I haven't seen before asked me for help. I did what I could and noticed that she didn't have a ring on. Apparently this ability comes naturally when you turn 27. Nobody told me this before, so I was pretty surprised when I started noticing whether cute chicks had on rings or not.

So we get to a point where she needs me to send her an autocad drawing over email. I ask her for her name and it's Maria fucking Smith. What the hell???? Wear a ring woman!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #114
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

Is Maria Smith supposed to mean something? Oh you're being racist and you don't actually know?
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #115
zatanna
Contributor

zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?

Yeah, she could be biracial. Or divorced but kept the married name.

Quitters never win!
zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #116
luxgladius
Swords for everyone!
Administrator

luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
So we get to a point where she needs me to send her an autocad drawing over email. I ask her for her name and it's Maria fucking Smith. What the hell???? Wear a ring woman!!!!
I feel like I'm missing something. Are you saying that because her last name is white-sounding she must be married? Perhaps her father was white?

edit: Damn, I'm slow.
Quoted for truthery.

Last edited by luxgladius; 10-13-2008 at 11:12 AM.
luxgladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #117
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin View Post
maybe her dad was white
No, I can tell the difference. Maybe she was adopted.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #118
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Fine, it could mean a lot of things.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #119
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

I'm slightly more tactful now.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #120
zatanna
Contributor

zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkisfaster View Post
tact went out the window when she didnt wear the ring. windmill slam that ho. its like a first pick obv.
I can see where you want to hop on that man-train of hoochie-thumping you all love so much, but this made no sense. No ring = tactless ass raping?

zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote