Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #501
seanw22
tswizzle champion

seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?
Default Re: Look Hu's Talking

The thing is you can get every non-red land cycler during like picks 4-9. Depending on your deck depends on how many land cyclers you're going to want to pick up. I usually take a fiery fall or something, and end up with like a 2G 5/5 guy, a grey ogre domain guy, couple other really solid guys/removal, and like 4 land cyclers. I've gotten the white/blue ones as late as 10th-11th pick. The green ones go fast because it's the most drafted color, and obv the red ones go fast, but the other one's don't go as fast because esper benefits the most of any shard in conflux, so they're usually taking quality guys, which lets you take their fixers later than everyone elses.

I think you're just picking the blue/white/black fixers too early.
seanw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:58 AM   #502
GodzillaScott
Hiding in fog.

GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Lady: This is a big train, can you find another seat?
Will: Huh?
Lady: I would like to sit alone please.
Will: I don't speak Japanese.
Lady: I said if you don't move, I'll call the cops. (She actually broke out the cell phone right about now.)
Will: No, I don't want your number. No, I don't want to give you mine.
Lady: Alright, you called my bluff. I won't call the cops.
Will: What?
Lady: Look at the car behind us, you can sit there. (She points.)
Will: (Puts his luggage in the storage compartment where she pointed.)
Lady: Stupid American. I want you to move to the other car, not put your luggage there.
Will: I told you lady, no japanese.
Lady: Fine White Devil. You win. I'll move. (She basically grabbed her stuff and moved to the car behind us.)
Will: Lol, this will work too.
I am somewhat surprised that Will didn't pull the, 'Don't you know who I am?' schtick.
GodzillaScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #503
wtexaskid
FILF

wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanw22 View Post
Maybe. If I know a 5:40 train is coming, I don't take the 5:25 train. Usually by Conflux I just want to make sure I get on a train, since missing a train is a good way to get boned. Like I'm not nuts, I'm taking Drag Down over Absorb Vis every day of the week...but you need to have a large number of "good" spells from Shards. If you are in Conflux needing the 5c hits AND the fixings, it seems like you could be just wishing...

again, limited sample size...ymmv.
wtexaskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #504
seanw22
tswizzle champion

seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtexaskid View Post
Maybe. If I know a 5:40 train is coming, I don't take the 5:25 train. Usually by Conflux I just want to make sure I get on a train, since missing a train is a good way to get boned. Like I'm not nuts, I'm taking Drag Down over Absorb Vis every day of the week...but you need to have a large number of "good" spells from Shards. If you are in Conflux needing the 5c hits AND the fixings, it seems like you could be just wishing...

again, limited sample size...ymmv.
I usually go into conflux with about 16-17 playables. The fact of the matter is that you're usually getting a playable from picks 1-10/11, with probably on average 1 playable in 1 of your first 2 packs from pick 12-13 (usually swerve or resounding wave, but often awesome dudes like kederekt creeper) That, assuming you're taken 6-7 fixers, doesn't really mean you're "hoping" in conflux. Usually 10-12 conflux cards end up in my deck, it's just so deep for the 5 color deck. So you only need to really pick up 6 playables, which you'll do with ease. The fixing is just generally icing on the cake. You can count on getting at least 1-2 land cyclers after pack 3-4, at least right now.

Like, this is obviously loose because it depends on your deck, but...

Bombs
Premium removal (fall/drag) / Artifact Sphere (This depends on how much fixing you have)
Premium dudes (2G domain guy, the grey ogres with domain abilities, the 5 mana 8/8)***
land cyclers/ the 2W 2/domain guy, he's awesome.
other guys

*** imo, these guys are where your deck becomes from above average to bonkers. Assuming you have like 2 of the 3 mana awesome dudes from shards, plus 2 of these guys, and 2 bombs, your deck is just stacked.

Last edited by seanw22; 03-06-2009 at 08:48 AM.
seanw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #505
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
The thing is you can get every non-red land cycler during like picks 4-9....I've gotten the white/blue ones as late as 10th-11th pick.
Stop using bad players / tables as your example. The only cycler that should table is the blue one.

Quote:
urplayingthewrongcolors

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #506
fatguy_poolshark
Mr. Negative

fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.

you say that phu but all of them except the red one went late as shit at the PT... I got sylvan bounty 10th pick and no one except the texas group thought that was retarded..
fatguy_poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #507
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatguy_poolshark View Post
you say that phu but all of them except the red one went late as shit at the PT... I got sylvan bounty 10th pick and no one except the texas group thought that was retarded..
1) Just because it's the PT doesn't mean the table can't be bad.
2) There are instances when this will occur. If there is tons of mana fixing in the first two packs.
3) Sylvan Bounty and Fiery Fall should never table. The blue one is the only one you should ever expecrt to come back to you. The black and white one is hit or miss, but I wouldn't count on it.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #508
wtexaskid
FILF

wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.wtexaskid is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.

Provided w/o comment:

2 Draft Viewers from the PT.....

1st Draft
Fall - 1st, 2nd picks
Gleam - 7th, 9th picks
Visions - 5th, 6th picks
Bounty - 9th picks
Abs Vis - 4th, 5th, 7th picks

2nd draft
Bounty - 1st pick
Gleam - 4th pick
Abs Vis - 5th pick
Visions - 6th pick

There were also a Spire and a Sphere that went 1st pick.

Edited for being ungood with English.

Last edited by wtexaskid; 03-06-2009 at 10:11 AM.
wtexaskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #509
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqdao View Post
1) Just because it's the PT doesn't mean the table can't be bad.
2) There are instances when this will occur. If there is tons of mana fixing in the first two packs.
3) Sylvan Bounty and Fiery Fall should never table. The blue one is the only one you should ever expecrt to come back to you. The black and white one is hit or miss, but I wouldn't count on it.
you tell em phu
Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #510
arsenalpow
Fuck Sundays
Contributor

arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveninghope View Post
you tell em phu
you're up early
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb brignon View Post
im actually fucking awesome for many reasons, probably most known for my sweet stroke
arsenalpow is offline   Reply With Quote