Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #61
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.
Default Re: Look Hu's Talking

P1P1, I think Branching Bolt and Agony Warp are close. Those offer you 2 for 1s, but they are also in 2 colors. They are splashable however.

There are a handful of uncommon/rares. I think most dragons and bomby rares are better. Some of the charms are really close, but I'm not sure you want to commit to 3 colors pick 1.
binger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #62
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Bonus section:

I was looking at the first 3 lists and noticed a pattern. Use the following guideline for general pick orders.

Bomb(Dragons and shit)

Solid removal(ORing, Thunder, Bolt, Warp)

Really good creatures(Pinger, Battlemages, Carrion Thrash)

Mediocre removal(Bloodpyre, Soul's Fire)

Good creatures with abilities(Druid, Iguanar)

Low casting cost creature with good power/cc ratio.(Crasher, Deathraider)

Bad removal and tricks(Roar)

Fatties(Mosstodon)

Mediocre tricks(Cancel)

Mediocre creatures(Dregscape Zombie)
Old 10-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #63
fatguy_poolshark
Mr. Negative

fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.

is the bouce leviathin any good?
fatguy_poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #64
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

It's fine, 4th-6th pick.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #65
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Is that the Jund Battlemage as a Bant pick?

Also, given the Exalted strategy you laid out for Bant, it seems like Bant Battlemage would actually be a decent midrange pick for the deck, with either ability helping make your Exalted attacker tough or impossible to block.
Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #66
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Is that the Jund Battlemage as a Bant pick?

Also, given the Exalted strategy you laid out for Bant, it seems like Bant Battlemage would actually be a decent midrange pick for the deck, with either ability helping make your Exalted attacker tough or impossible to block.
Sorry, I copy/pasted from the one before and switched the rankings around. It's fixed now.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:00 AM   #67
fatguy_poolshark
Mr. Negative

fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.

Did a AAA draft today on beta. Man those players are bad... so heres the question, was it acceptable that i picked rhox war charger(3/3 exalted guy) over knight of the skyward eye in RGW? this is pack 2 pick 5 or so. Just curious your thoughts on how good the rhino is?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 AM   #68
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Rhox is really really good. Better than the knight.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:22 AM   #69
fatguy_poolshark
Mr. Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Rhox is really really good. Better than the knight.
K making sure i wasnt confused on that. BTW how important would a first round bye be ? I am 14 points off 1800, is it worth the hour drive to the nearest FNM tourney? In the 5 rounds i might be able to pick up all those points.

Last edited by fatguy_poolshark; 10-09-2008 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #70
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Every bye matter, but the difference between 0 and 1 bye probably matters the least. People are generally really bad so the odds of picking up the first round win should be around 80%.

I think what I'm trying to say is that it depends on how much that bye is worth vs. time vs. money. You're also not guaranteed to get that bye just by showing up to FNM. It's up to you I guess.

Last edited by binger; 10-09-2008 at 04:35 AM.