Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 04-08-2015, 10:16 PM   #7421
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.
Default Re: Look Hu's Talking

Draft 2 colors. We’re back to normal drafting now. You can do a splash, but I advise heavily against it. You can splash for 1 card with 3 sources. That requires 1 basic, 1 Evolving Wild, and 1 dual land. Getting the Wild souldn’t be too hard. Getting the right dual land is. You’re 3 colors so only 3 out of the 10 duals will fit. If you see it pick 1-3 in the last pack, odds are you can’t take it. These lands usually don’t table. If you see it 4-6th, you can take it, but it’ll probably cost you a playable card. You really want to see the correct dual after 7th pick, and that’s a coin flip at best. Besides, there are no uncommon worth splashing for in Dragons. I can see splashing for a rare or mythic. Cards like Pyrotechnic and Elite Scaleguard makes me want to splash, but those are from the last pack.

It’s a 2 color format so read signals and send good signals. If you end up in an enemy color combination know which ones are worthwhile. I don’t really need the deal 2 draw a card UR spell, but I would Harsh Sustenance is very good. Certain Fate cards went up in value, but those are pretty obv. Sultai Emissary and Jeskai Sage are both great with Exploit. Angler has few delve cards competing for a slot. The uncommon dragons are slightly better if you have the spells to go with it.

Fate Reordered

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #7422
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:25 PM   #7423
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Old 04-08-2015, 10:27 PM   #7424
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

The sealed deck was super close. I didn't love Volcanic Vision the time I had it in sealed.

I like Tail #2 and Revelation, but I needed to get the creature out up.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #7425
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

id like to add that there is a 5 color green deck

you got the 1/1 that tutors lands to top of deck, explosive vegetation, and the common that lets you add 2 of any one color from a land. in general, there are good walls in green( 2 mana 3/3, general quality beef) and artifacts to stall if you stumble. the obelisks are huge helpers that fix, ramp to your fat, and become dragons themselves if flooded.

of course, the only things worth going 5 color for are bomby dragons.

so perhaps 1/100 drafts you get literally everything ever and can be phu q dao. good luck, i know ill be trying. ive already seen it done.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #7426
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

I don't like the enchant land. It's only good for one thing.

The 1/1 is a 2/2 half the time. Vegetation thins out the deck.

Phu choose a terrible time to quit Magic.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:42 PM   #7427
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

well yeah some of those options are clearly worse than others. i wouldnt hesitate to call the enchant land the worst thing i mentioned, though going from 4 to 7 and casting a hellkite is pretty funny.

but the point is the dream is possible! come back phu!
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:18 AM   #7428
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Not that it's great, but there's also the rampant growth with bolster for 3. Ramp is a thing, I think, but I'm not sure what the ideal list would look like, how to balance early guys with ramp and monsters.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 AM   #7429
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

I don't think any of the uncommon dragons are worth splashing for.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:27 AM   #7430
moakley
Expert
Contributor

moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?moakley , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Not that it's great, but there's also the rampant growth with bolster for 3. Ramp is a thing, I think, but I'm not sure what the ideal list would look like, how to balance early guys with ramp and monsters.
I think Ramp is a big element of what RG is supposed to be doing. I had a decent rampy dragon deck last night, using Dragonlord's Servant, Whisperer of the Wilds, Hardened Berserker, and Circle of Elders. Went 2-1, losing to WU Tempo.
moakley is offline   Reply With Quote