Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #71
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.
Default Re: Look Hu's Talking

No mas hot water this morning, so I did the once over and jumped out quickly. Normally I'm a fan of taking my time, relaxing, and just enjoying the moment. It's my hour of peace before the work day. I guess I'll just have to avoid people today.
binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:33 AM   #72
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Is there a way to turn the Pink Dawn back on? I want to compare my early thoughts to my pick order after two weeks.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:20 AM   #73
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

I did a draft yesterday where p1p1 was a choice between The Traitor King, Agony Warp, Branching Bolt, Jund Charm, or Executioner's Capsule. Ended up taking capsule. The two guys to my left both ended up on my team, and we were all over each others' colors.

Is there a cap to how many tri-color cards you should play in a deck? I was playing a Jund deck with three carrion thrashes and two of the 3/3s that leaves behind 1/1s (had 3 panaramas and an obelisk).
Tsung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:34 AM   #74
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Not an awful pick. If this is a 3v3, I'd rather have Branching Bolt. You should be able to splash it.

Play as many tri-color cards as you can as long as you are in a single shard and not 5 colors. These cards are 3 colors for a reason(more powerful for their coverted mana cost). 3 Panorama is about average for draft. I don't think it's ever correct to leave solid cards in the board if you have the fixing to play it.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #75
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Not that it's much recommendation, but Bob tried Immortal Coil against me. It pretty much read:

2BB Sorcery: Draw a card. Lose the game next turn.

It's very unlikely it will result in you having more "life" with it out than without in Limited. If any shard has a chance of making it work though it's Jund.
Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #76
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Eh, that's Bob. Bob is not bright enough to figure out that he's dumb.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #77
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

so last weekend we did two 8mans just w/ a bunch of locals. was UBw then RGw. i went 1-2 both times. i think im going to slit my wrists. or quit mtg. prob slit wrists before i quit mtg.
eveninghope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #78
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Check your PMs woman. And don't cut yourself.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #79
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Check your PMs woman. And don't cut yourself.
no, im just bummed cuz ive been losing so much. i dont get this format. dont cry for me, argentina.
eveninghope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #80
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Pink Dawn actually has some good material if Alex would unlock it.

Basically let your mana determine your deck in sealed.

In draft try to read signals pack 1 and fall into a shard.

Take fixers high in packs 2. You want at least 3 panoramas, 1 tri-land and maybe 1 obelisk when it's all said and done. You should have 2-3 land by the end of this pack.

Round out your deck in pack 3. Fix your curve, make sure you have enough fixers, and make sure you have at least 23 cards. It's a weird format because you're taking lands fairly early and that cuts into your 23 playables.

I don't think any other format called for such a change in strategy during the draft from pack to pack.