Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 10-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #81
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.
Default Re: Look Hu's Talking

I'm quiting this stupid game. I was watching the finals and there were 14 mistakes on one end and 9 mistakes on the other. These people do not deserve to live. Gotta be the worst finals Magic I have ever seen in my life.

Good news is we team drafted and I'm up $40.

Been up for 43 hours. Hope I don't die on the way home.
binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:43 PM   #82
zatanna
Contributor

zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?

Good luck and god speed.
zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #83
fatguy_poolshark
Mr. Negative

fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin View Post
how did you do bing

did anyone from texas top 8 or anything
Apparently 3 top 8ed. Scott Barrentine and i dont remember who else. When i talked to Chris(emunst) it was just about to begin.

BTW Bing you should enlighten those two players on there stupidity.
fatguy_poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:32 AM   #84
GodzillaScott
Hiding in fog.

GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatguy_poolshark View Post
Apparently 3 top 8ed. Scott Barrentine and i dont remember who else. When i talked to Chris(emunst) it was just about to begin.

BTW Bing you should enlighten those two players on there stupidity.
Good for Scott.
GodzillaScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #85
Suari
Regaler of stories

Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?

it was a calamity of misplays in the finals it was hilarious. Eric Jones of Dallas won (some may know him more as a judge that works at Aussiefox Events.)

The team draft was also hilarious as this random Louisiana red hair dude wanted to put money on it and he didn't know what the hell he was doing.

In the PTQ, I started out 3-0 then punted one game and it went down hill from there, then had to play Scotty where we played solitare games against each other games 2 and 3 due to mana screw. then I decided to stay in to help his tiebreaks and went on to go 5-2. I doubt i reached 1900 by the end of the weekend but I can always hope. Looks like bye grinders for me at the GP.

Last edited by Suari; 10-12-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Suari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #86
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

I TOTALLY beat the godamn sun home :flex:

Sigh...I really need to stop loosening up every time someone tells me (or I decide for some reason) that my opponent is horrible. I was behind the whole game, then i drew jund charm and could've knocked him down to 2 5 power creatures against my 2 10 power creatures and necrogenesis with a pile of targets but I wasn't in the "win the game" mode, I was just edicting him while growing rockslide and building genesis targets...then he topdecks plains and smacks down espeth to take cavern thoctar to the air for perfect damage (game 2 and match).

I screwed up the draft with :gasp: an ultimatum, just like bing said to avoid. Violent ultimatum after vithian stinger, then a 4th pick jund charm, then a rockslide AND scavenger drake on the wind down...packs 2 and 3 I didn't see a good card after pick 3 while I had to ship blessings and overultimatum. Barely ended up with enough playables, and only 1 devour guy. Necrogenesis is grade A card btw. I really am pretty sure I picked the right shard pack 1 and then it did not at all get followed through. Oh and hendrickson to my right got shipped a fuckin vein drinker.

Last edited by Athos; 10-12-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #87
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Good news is we team drafted and I'm up $40.
What were the teams, or who was on yours?

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #88
rodfan316
It's Clobberin' Time!

rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?rodfan316 , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to rodfan316

Congrats to Eric on the win.

Scotty is having a Hunteresque roll right now, keep it up.

I still am not a fan of Hendrickson.
John Cena is the most overrated champion ever. He's like a 4 mana vanilla 6/6. Congrats on being big, but do something.
rodfan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #89
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqdao View Post
What were the teams, or who was on yours?
It was me, Andres, and Chris. I had no idea who the others were. Apparently one guy was from Louisianna. 3-0, win 0 rare, but it was alright. We were actually tied at 3-3 going into the last set of matches. I was a little worried for a second.

The trick with this set is to leave yourself somewhat open. I firstpicked Fireball Dragon, then took Skeletonize over BR pinger and another good card. My first 4 picks were red cards. I moved into Naya when I got a couple of late picks in pack 1. Pack 2 Godshire went around the table, and I ended up taking it 5th. It's all about reading the signals.
binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #90
fatguy_poolshark
Mr. Negative

fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
It was me, Andres, and Chris. I had no idea who the others were. Apparently one guy was from Louisianna. 3-0, win 0 rare, but it was alright. We were actually tied at 3-3 going into the last set of matches. I was a little worried for a second.

The trick with this set is to leave yourself somewhat open. I firstpicked Fireball Dragon, then took Skeletonize over BR pinger and another good card. My first 4 picks were red cards. I moved into Naya when I got a couple of late picks in pack 1. Pack 2 Godshire went around the table, and I ended up taking it 5th. It's all about reading the signals.
Yeah i noticed something similar. At the end of a team draft last night i had a almost RG deck... had 3 white cards counting gold. Two sarkhan vol is good btw. Foil and nonfoil was opened in my pod by me.
fatguy_poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote