Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #871
dp!
im so cute

dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?dp! , waysr?
Default Re: PTQ Dallas Tournament Report

2 tmz ptq wins with tezz

someone go for 3
dp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #872
chad
Wanna-be Pro
Repeat Contributor

chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?
Default Re: Not Banned Yet...Snowballin

both the tezz decks beat ramp decks in the finals too.
geoff - $$$$$$$

trading integrity for snapcasters
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #873
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow View Post
That delver player was super shady imo and really pissed me off.
Was this the guy in the top 8 with all the hobbit jewelry?

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #874
snow
Noblesse Oblige

snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
Was this the guy in the top 8 with all the hobbit jewelry?
The "areampunk gothic suit guy" yea

Spoiler:

Phu
1 Tunnel Ignus
1 Viscera Seer
1 Pulse Tracker
snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #875
Chaines51
Acolyte

Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaehlin View Post
Close enough, but here's the finer details for those interested.

Player A with a huntmaster in play untaps, misses his transform trigger, draws his card, and plays his land. At that point in main phase 1, the missed trigger was noticed. The judge there says its going to flip, at which point the delver player says he doesn't think that is correct, and the head judge comes back and says transform is a lapsing trigger, and it was missed, and will not be resolved. Im dumbfounded in "waitwhatdidthisjusthappen" mode, and asked the judge if that was indeed the ruling given. It was and I ask a few people to make sure I'm not retarded and go look for the head judge. He was already looking into it more, while player A attacked into player B, blocks were made, damage resolved, and the turn was passed. The head judge comes back in player B's upkeep, before he has drawn his card, and states that the error was made, and the judges go talk for a minute, and he comes back and says it is an unfortunate situation, and the ruling is unfortunate, but they are going to rewind the game back to player A's upkeep and resolve the transform. Player B states a case for that not being acceptable, as his opponent has gained information by seeing how blocks and combat would be assigned given his current hand, etc etc. There is some more judge stuff, and the final ruling is that the huntmaster transform trigger will go on the bottom of the stack at the beginning of player B's upkeep. Maybe I give player B more credit than I should, but given his talk about rules earlier, I doubt he didn't know how huntmaster worked. It seemed pretty shady on his part, but I didn't watch him play much. It was really unfortunate, and seeing someone's game get screwed up due to a bad ruling never gets any less upsetting.
That nga just gave shady vibes. Also happened to be the slowest player I've ever met and single handedly extended the length of the tournament by 2-3 hours.
Chaines51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #876
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

awkward-ish question.... but is this the same guy that played Eggs at the modern PTQ in February or whenever?

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #877
snow
Noblesse Oblige

snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?

no. i know the the guy that played eggs i'm pretty sure.

Spoiler:

Phu
1 Tunnel Ignus
1 Viscera Seer
1 Pulse Tracker
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #878
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

is tezzeret really worth it versus trading post?

do you ever need 4 curse of deaths hold or zenith?

i ask because some people who grind it down here in the lbk want to know, and im probably going to start taking standard more seriously as well

i understand you were handed the deck right before the tournament, but surely you must have some thoughts, or somebody else can chime in
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #879
Chaines51
Acolyte

Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51 Chaines51

Tezzeret is definitely better than trading post. I personally don't like the 4 curses, but feel like 1 main and 1 board would probably be good. I wouldn't cut BSZs below 4, because you've only got 2 spot removal spells.
Chaines51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #880
snow
Noblesse Oblige

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
is tezzeret really worth it versus trading post?

do you ever need 4 curse of deaths hold or zenith?

i ask because some people who grind it down here in the lbk want to know, and im probably going to start taking standard more seriously as well

i understand you were handed the deck right before the tournament, but surely you must have some thoughts, or somebody else can chime in

Trading Post vs. Tezz

We considered it right before the tournament cuz Carl had tezz and trading posts both in his hand when i was trying to find the last tezz. After playing the deck, this is my conclusion.

Trading post would only be good if you specifically drew the wellsprings. All the other trading post abilities are very durdly. You have enough built in CA in the deck that you don't need the versatility of trading post.

Tezzeret likes to do stuff between digging for answers/CA or makin' 5/5s.

the 4th Zenith came in a lot, between Delver, Ramp and Naya. The curses...not so much. I think i only ever had 3 main at any one point.

Torpor Orbs were amazing, Despises were amazing (and caused a lot of rage).

Staff of Nin was not so amazing although it did win me a few games.

Spoiler:

Phu
1 Tunnel Ignus
1 Viscera Seer
1 Pulse Tracker