Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 02-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #771
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.
Default Re: Premier Play Changes

Literally not nickles over dollars.

Filling 3 of these means more PT slots which I doubt wizards want.

People getting pissed off all the time about stuff they don't understand. Let them vote with their wallets.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #772
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

....I suppose if PT slots are really the limiting reagent
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:03 PM   #773
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

Vegas is getting 3 PTQ's also, confirmed.

There simply isn't enough staff to run 3 PTQs either. The SSS capped out right around 225 and we would staff it with 6-7 judges on average. I suppose if you suspended all other sides and ONLY ran PTQs you could staff it with enough judges but that's a disservice to casual player who just wants to draft...
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #774
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Staff. Damn I didn't think that out.

But I've got to ask - if you have 3 times as many customers as you need to run your event, why the hell exactly is being a jerk about prepaid entry fee refunds in your best business interests? Aren't you better off spreading good buzz if you're a hard lock to fill, even with last minute dropouts, anyway? Just have them announce that you have slots left on the mic and you're golden. How is that not a short-sighted and greedy business decision?

Sure, your event will fill no matter what. But that's the kind of stuff that will blow up in your face when times are tougher or choices are available down the road. Or maybe in other areas of your business in the immediate future.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #775
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Helene Bergeot leaving WotC

it seems unlikely that anyone could do her job better

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #776
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
Considering there was no statement or send-off at the PT, and that her previous tweet (10 days prior) said "Nice story from #GPBol. Hope to see her at GP Vegas!!!" I have to suspect this was not entirely voluntary.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #777
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Considering there was no statement or send-off at the PT, and that her previous tweet (10 days prior) said "Nice story from #GPBol. Hope to see her at GP Vegas!!!" I have to suspect this was not entirely voluntary.
Damn, that sucks. I saw that she was leaving but didn't have any reason to think it wasn't of her own volition. She'd been with Hasbro for like 21 years, I think I saw.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #778
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
Helene Bergeot leaving WotC

it seems unlikely that anyone could do her job better
I felt the same way until somebody asked me a question

" Has organized play significantly improved in the last 5,10,20 years? "

And the answer is obviously no
Old 05-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #779
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Didn't the power go out for an extended period of time at the PT?

Not to mention the awkward usage of the fog machine...

I don't know if that's directly within her purview, but it may be relevant since Hasbro is trying to re-brand Magic as an E-Sport and it consistently comes across as a joke
Old 05-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #780
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
Didn't the power go out for an extended period of time at the PT?

Not to mention the awkward usage of the fog machine...

I don't know if that's directly within her purview, but it may be relevant since Hasbro is trying to re-brand Magic as an E-Sport and it consistently comes across as a joke
No idea on the power, but I know I saw several complaints about it being dark... too dark to play, even.

I somewhat doubt that was her decision. That's probably part of the re-branding from on-high and working with the show partner, streamline or sitelines or whatever they're called.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote