Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #111
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock
Default Re: Berni for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveninghope View Post
there is protocol. snowden didn't follow it. from what ive read, theres no whistle blower protection for taking classified docs and leaking it to the press.

the analogy is you either followed the law or you didnt. again my issue isnt with these things individually. its the people who think hillary should be punished for breaking the law and snowden shouldn't. i personally dont give a shit about either of these issues.
Yeah but like punishment for treason is death. Punishment for using private email severs for secretary of stating is apparently....news coverage?
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:06 PM   #112
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #113
chad
Wanna-be Pro
Repeat Contributor

chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
god dammit. that is a lot of work
geoff - $$$$$$$

trading integrity for snapcasters
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:02 PM   #114
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
god dammit. that is a lot of twerk
FTFY

Wagers

Old 06-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #115
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Real thoughts on the election-

Obv Hillary was gonna win. But the announcement that she was already the nominee prior to California was pretty damn dirty. Bernie was not mathematically eliminated yet, and furthermore Hillarys total was based on assumed super delegate votes. Even a pledged super delegate can change their mind, and it's not even especially rare. In other words she didn't have it yet. Dirty dirty.
They had been saying it, but somehow this time it came from the AP. I'm not usually a conspiracy theory type, but I think someone in the AP was in on this and had a personal stake.

Quote:
On Hillary again- the email thing is a big deal.
Absolutely concur...

Quote:
Other things I hate about her are her Benghazi doings and her strong ties to big money in wallstreet. Her not releasing her bank speech transcripts really does bother me.
While I think she's "more of the same" in terms of wall street ties (and I really hate that), I think there wasn't really much to be done in Benghazi. They needed to start doing something about it months prior to the actual attack (and there was warning to do so) ... but I think this is a classic bureaocratic failing.

Quote:
But at least she is a very experienced candidate with real accomplishments in governing. That is so not trump or Bernie.
Bernie has been in government far longer than Hillary. He is far from inexperienced. He just hasn't played the game to climb the ladder like she has.

Quote:
Does trump really need his own bit on this post? Come on. That guy makes me scared to watch idiocracy again.
No comment needed. One friend of mine even moved idiocracy from "humor" in his movie categories list to "documentary."

Quote:
And yeah it pains me to admit it but ultimately Hillary has done some serious good work, especially in foreign policy. A poli-sci major friend explained to me that She pretty much repaired our diplomatic relations with every hemisphere
Right, "W" did a lot of damage. It's too bad that she will continue to have us engaged in still more war, bombing and destruction.

Quote:
Anyway, crooked Hillary and those emails with "nothing to hide" story of the week. I'm gonna start posting these stories here for the deniers.
Emails were definitely mishandled. At the very *best* this was shortsighted and misguided. Which is dumb for someone at this level, in this type of position.

Really, though, I think it was crooked. I think she was hiding things and wanted them to be off the record. She deleted things. I mean, why not? It worked for Whitewater. Remember whitewater? Bill got a lot of flak for that, but it was really mostly Hillary's law firm.

She's a lawyer, and it's not like she isn't used to doing underhanded if not illegal things to avoid being caught.

Quote:
Snowden isn't like Hillary because one person was being a lazy dipshit which lead to exposing information and another was trying to being to light a mass surveillance conspiracy
This.

Also, I think she was being selfish and self-preservative which is actually completely opposite of Snowden.

Snowden didn't follow protocols, true. I listened to a really interesting story on NPR not long ago though about why he acted this way; he had watched another whistleblower report. Those he reported to *tried* to keep his name out, but those people were (in turn) forced out of their jobs to hunt out the whistleblower. There are now lawsuits in place and seem likely to blow up on the people who forced names out, but it's still a mess, and his name is out. (I wish I could find the story, but my google fu seems weak this morning.)

If your name is going to be publicly destroyed and your career will be over anyway, might as well make sure your statement is made in a big way. So, not at all comparable for intent.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:58 PM   #116
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

I just read this

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb..._donald_trump/

...and have been reading things like this for a few weeks.
https://www.google.com/search?q=russ...utf-8&oe=utf-8

But today the buzz has spiked a lot and some other sources I use are confirming. She'd have to be indicted if Russia has it all, right? Is Putin just doing Putin things again, or is he for real? If he is lying, why does Julian Assange (wikileaks) claim he has them all too? That dude doesn't play ball, especially with Russians.

Anyway, I'm going to bet at least 100$ on Donald Trump for president.
If he loses, Will Lowry gives me my 100$ back. If he wins, I get 260$. Thoughts on my savage yolo? Should I just light money on fire right now out back with some gasoline?
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #117
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
...and have been reading things like this for a few weeks.
https://www.google.com/search?q=russ...utf-8&oe=utf-8

But today the buzz has spiked a lot and some other sources I use are confirming. She'd have to be indicted if Russia has it all, right? Is Putin just doing Putin things again, or is he for real? If he is lying, why does Julian Assange (wikileaks) claim he has them all too? That dude doesn't play ball, especially with Russians.
Interesting that the core media hasn't really picked up this story.

I wouldn't bet on indictment just because they have them; that just means they hacked her illegal server. She's very slippery. However, if those people have copies of emails that she deleted before the FBI got hold of her server and release them... that could be very interesting indeed.

As for Putin... He might prefer Trump as Trump would probably be more easily manipulated. It's all a game for czar Putin.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm going to bet at least 100$ on Donald Trump for president.
If he loses, Will Lowry gives me my 100$ back. If he wins, I get 260$. Thoughts on my savage yolo? Should I just light money on fire right now out back with some gasoline?
I wouldn't bet against Hillary just on this. She's been too adept at working the system.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #118
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

It wouldn't let me register. Probably for the best. Pretty absurd yolo to take.

In a timeline where she is indicted, does Bernie get the nom?
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #119
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

Quote:

Cut off the head...two shall take its place.
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #120
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

Quote:

Prior to the nomination, I would assume he would. Post nomination I have no idea how it would work - possibly her VP candidate gets the nomination? Really no idea if there's a rule in place for this sort of thing or not...

Wagers