Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #501
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
My dad keeps comparing T-Rump to Goldwater. Apparently he's not the only one.
http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/163358
The idea that Trump could inspire a generation of conservatives to emulate him like Goldwater did is almost as scary as the idea of Trump winning the White House. I think the analogy breaks down, however - Goldwater ran on an ideology, where Trump is running on his notoriety. There's nothing there to emulate except 'I want to be rich', which we didn't need Trump for.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:43 AM   #502
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
The idea that Trump could inspire a generation of conservatives to emulate him like Goldwater did is almost as scary as the idea of Trump winning the White House.
Right? That's horrifying, and the reason I hope that T-Rump really *does* lose in a landslide.

Quote:
I think the analogy breaks down, however - Goldwater ran on an ideology, where Trump is running on his notoriety. There's nothing there to emulate except 'I want to be rich', which we didn't need Trump for.
It's a comparison, not an analogy. The article discusses both the similarities and the differences.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #503
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
It's a comparison, not an analogy. The article discusses both the similarities and the differences.
analogy
əˈnaləjē/Submit
noun
a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #504
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
analogy
əˈnaləjē/Submit
noun
a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
#lawyered
Old 08-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #505
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Oh man

I have a new favorite conspiracy theory

https://regated.com/2016/08/hillary-...-brain-damage/

Lol. How great would it be if a brain dead person beat trump.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #506
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

yeah, I remember reading about her concussion / migraines etc.. being much more serious than they let on, but that article does a good job of summing up the whole theory with some good and recent videos

who knows, but it's a peach of a conspiracy

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #507
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Ooh boy! Got another spicy conspiracy right out of Mr Orange!

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...81826549030912
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #508
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
yeah, I remember reading about her concussion / migraines etc.. being much more serious than they let on, but that article does a good job of summing up the whole theory with some good and recent videos

who knows, but it's a peach of a conspiracy
Back in the 80's we were all pretty much positive that Reagan's Alzheimer's disease started WAY earlier than it was officially announced.

Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #509
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Back in the 80's we were all pretty much positive that Reagan's Alzheimer's disease started WAY earlier than it was officially announced.
yep. I wonder in 10 years if we'll all be going 'duh!' about this...

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #510
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Lets just elect a 40 year young Senator from the Northeast that is banging a pop star on the side.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote