Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2017, 01:39 PM   #1691
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Default Re: Berni for President

Fucking Soros man.

Not even a conspiracy. Legit funds various far left stunts, political groups, and news sources
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #1692
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Soros is Hungarian?
Hungarian-born, US citizen.

A Russian oligarch's nationality is relevant because he's an oligarch because Putin favored him for some reason, and thus can be assumed to be Putin's puppet, and Putin clearly has acted in ways that are against American interests.

A media mogul from the Ukraine doesn't have that taint and George Soros doesn't have that taint. Conservatives don't like Soros because of his politics; his nation of birth is irrelevant.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2017, 02:23 PM   #1693
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Hungarian-born, US citizen.

A Russian oligarch's nationality is relevant because he's an oligarch because Putin favored him for some reason, and thus can be assumed to be Putin's puppet, and Putin clearly has acted in ways that are against American interests.

A media mogul from the Ukraine doesn't have that taint and George Soros doesn't have that taint. Conservatives don't like Soros because of his politics; his nation of birth is irrelevant.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'm just a xenophobe obv.

I'm actually just jealous of all the hookers and blow Soros can buy with his money.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:48 PM   #1694
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I'm just a xenophobe obv.

I'm actually just jealous of all the hookers and blow Soros can buy with his money.
I can't personally think of any reason why a Ukrainian citizen would have any taint regarding Putin
Old 03-31-2017, 04:14 PM   #1695
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
I can't personally think of any reason why a Ukrainian citizen would have any taint regarding Putin
Do you mean other than anti-Putin? Certainly possible that he could be a Putin sympathizer, but without doing any research I would guess that's unlikely.

Fuck me - that's what I get for responding on my phone without doing any research. The guy who owns the Independent isn't Ukrainian, he's Russian - Evgeny Lebedev, whose father (the money behind the purchase of the Independent and the Evening Standard) was a KGB agent and somehow, magically, became a billionaire banker and media oligarch after he retired as an agent.

My point stands - Ukrainians don't generally like Putin because he wants to take over their country and return Russia to its Soviet-style Eastern European hegemony.

Last edited by lazarusl; 03-31-2017 at 04:15 PM.
lazarusl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #1696
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Do you mean other than anti-Putin? Certainly possible that he could be a Putin sympathizer, but without doing any research I would guess that's unlikely.

Fuck me - that's what I get for responding on my phone without doing any research. The guy who owns the Independent isn't Ukrainian, he's Russian - Evgeny Lebedev, whose father (the money behind the purchase of the Independent and the Evening Standard) was a KGB agent and somehow, magically, became a billionaire banker and media oligarch after he retired as an agent.

My point stands - Ukrainians don't generally like Putin because he wants to take over their country and return Russia to its Soviet-style Eastern European hegemony.
This was a bad joke where I wanted you to go against your everybody tied to Putin is in with him statement. I liked it, but ultimately playing 7 dimensional chess is a good way to just look stupid to everybody who isn't a fan
Old 04-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #1697
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

So.

Where to begin on the last 5 days

Watching the administration crumble is such a delight

Betting sites have impeachment odds at 46-56% depending

It would way he more cool if this wasn't going to fuck the lower income levels of Americans and our international image for decades

Also here's another shitty conspiracy theory blog. These are basically crack to me. http://anonymousglobal.org/commanderx/blog/?p=284
Old 04-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #1698
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

The Republicans are in such a weird spot. They have to balance the cost of impeaching someone who is clearly popular with a big piece of their base with the knowledge that he is staining the Republican Party with excrement that will never wash off (and now they'll have the legacy of two presidents in 50 years forced out of office/impeached). They have to be polling like crazy to try to understand whether it will be worse for them in 2018 to have Trump in office or Trump impeached, not to mention what it means for the presidential race in 2020. Do they really want Mike Pence to run in the Jerry Ford role? I wouldn't be surprised if they were cutting a deal with him to impeach Trump, so he becomes President, as long as he promises not to run in 2020.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #1699
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

They're too divided to do what's good for them in mass numbers, assuming they can even figure it out

This admin will go down in flames or keep trudging along curiously immune and leaving stains everywhere. I don't think a scale back is realistic without legal intervention
Old 04-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #1700
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

the removal of Bannon from the NSC feels like a cover move. He hasn't lost his security clearance, and the admin is claiming he was only there to monitor Flynn.

Feels like a spin move to try to claim that admin was onto Flynns Russia ties and Bannon was there only to keep an eye on things, but now that the big bad Flynn is gone it's all good and nothing to see.

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote