Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #1701
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Another amazing piece of 21st century detective work - finding James Comey's secret Twitter account:

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-almost-ce...unt-1793843641
Fucking hilarious
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #1702
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
So.

Where to begin on the last 5 days

Watching the administration crumble is such a delight

Betting sites have impeachment odds at 46-56% depending

It would way he more cool if this wasn't going to fuck the lower income levels of Americans and our international image for decades

Also here's another shitty conspiracy theory blog. These are basically crack to me. http://anonymousglobal.org/commanderx/blog/?p=284
Can someone :TLDR: or bullet point this? Too many words.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #1703
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Tfw you leave for a few hours and when you get home find out we shot missiles in Syria
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #1704
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Tfw you leave for a few hours and when you get home find out we shot missiles in Syria

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #1705
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

The best thing is watching the right abandon him and the left laud him over it

He also gave a bizarrely presidential and professional speech on it. On top of that, many strategists like this move as part of a responsible presidency

The fuck is going on lol
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #1706
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

Quote:
The best thing is watching the right abandon him and the left laud him over it
wut. you have globalists and domestically focused politicians on both sides.

i fear that this move was just like, shit he made up. i don't think it was necessarily the wrong move, i just question whether it was sound rationale. i also wonder how the nationalists are defending it.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #1707
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

I'm with Analynn here... it's troubling that my first thought was "is this attack to pay back some made up nonsense just to instigate shit and/or distract and/or get people rallying to support him for taking action like a big strong man"

then my very next thought was, "is this just so Trump looks like less of a Putin puppet?"

my distant third thought was "yeah, we oughtta do something about Syria. I wonder what the best thing to do would be. Probably not rain missiles on them. Maybe. I dunno."

Wagers

Old 04-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #1708
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
I'm with Analynn here... it's troubling that my first thought was "is this attack to pay back some made up nonsense just to instigate shit and/or distract and/or get people rallying to support him for taking action like a big strong man"

then my very next thought was, "is this just so Trump looks like less of a Putin puppet?"

my distant third thought was "yeah, we oughtta do something about Syria. I wonder what the best thing to do would be. Probably not rain missiles on them. Maybe. I dunno."
It's all of the above. Politically it benefits him because (1) it rebuts the Russian ties issue, (2) it gives him a chance to look tough, which plays well with the traditional conservatives, and (3) it distracts from the many problems he's had so far. I've assumed we would be at war pretty much throughout his term in office, but particularly closer to the elections, for these reasons. Obviously there's the downside of the fact that he campaigned on not intervening in Syria and on improved relations with Russia, but his base has never seemed to bothered by his inconsistencies.

This also has the benefit of (probably) being the right thing to do, which doesn't typically figure into Trump's calculus. However - the evidence out today suggests it didn't go far enough to impact Assad's ability to bomb his own people, which undercuts the benefit he might get from looking effective/tough. I'm curious how he'll respond to news that Assad has been flying missions from that airbase today.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #1709
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

Trump right now

Wagers

Old 04-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #1710
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

100% this isn't enough to stop Assad from doing what he's doing. The added spectre of the ISIS situation makes for an interesting situation where Western nations are less willing to commit to regime change while Assad himself would find it in his best interest to drag his feet on the cooperative offensive against ISIS in order to keep them around for as long as possible.

It really makes no sense to me why Assad would use chemical weapons in the current situation where he was (likely) winning or certainly had the upper hand. The results of the investigation better turn up a smoking gun, or else God knows how bad the situation could get.