Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #21
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

What I can't quite grasp is how the GOP, with all of its "family values" and right-wing-religious zealotry, has not remembered that Trump is on his fourth(?) wife and continually cheats.

I guess asshattery is now the core value. There is a lot of that around.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:24 AM   #22
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Are you a man married to a woman -> yes -> "family values"

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #23
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

McCain fought in the war and had some injuries and nagging issues. Bernie and the gang do not.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:33 AM   #24
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

#BernieOrBust
Old 03-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #25
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
McCain fought in the war and had some injuries and nagging issues. Bernie and the gang do not.
I mean, if we're going to factor in crap from 45 years ago, I'm going to say his superior military conditioning and ironclad will to live is stronger than the cardiac killer that is stress and opulent living.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #26
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Then I'd say he might have repressed PTSD and could very well lose it one day.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:52 AM   #27
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Then I'd say he might have repressed PTSD and could very well lose it one day.
Could be valid, but you're branching. The topic was him being at death's door at the age of 72.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #28
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

The political system has 3 branches: executive, legislative, and judicial.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #29
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia Jupe View Post
maybe i'm older and care more, or maybe i didn't have time to pay attention in the interesting years past, or maybe just trump, but this year's nomination process has been very exciting to follow, just as compelling as any playoff race. maybe politics being more like sports would help americans engage more.
The sport-ifying of politics has been a big issue with journalists for decades now - the coverage of politics as a horse race rather than a discussion of policy has led us to the point where someone like Trump can get away with never actually explaining any of his positions but thanks to his status as the front-runner he keeps getting on tv.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:56 AM   #30
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
Could be valid, but you're branching. The topic was him being at death's door at the age of 72.
He seemed like an old dude - and putting him next to Palin didn't make him seem younger, it actually had the opposite effect. And, since the result of electing him President and him dying in office was the creation of President Palin, it really mattered.

Also - his superior military conditioning was surely offset by the 5.5 years he spent as a prisoner of war, including years of torture.