Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 12-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?
Default The Chronicles of Weazy

Might as well start one of these since I'm on here and haven't been shy about sharing opinions / observations. Not to mention this gives me a place to capture MTG and other related musings in one place.

I want to get better at limited formats and will try to draft more and post caps for comments / observations. I think that's one of the best ways to learn.

I'd also like to improve at constructed (standard / modern) which may begin with quenching my desire to brew rogue decks on my own and try to jam them into tier 1 decks designed be people that know what the hell they're actually doing. I think I've vastly improved in terms of play recently but I can attribute that to the advice and guidance I've gotten from friends that play better than me and who have all been playing much longer.

In 2014 I'm setting a goal to attend at least 4 GPs. I've attended 4 so far over the past few years and have had a really good time at all of them, despite never making a day 2. Which I want to do in 2014 - day 2 a GP. I think my best shot is to day 2 constructed becuase I'm not great at limited (still a lot to learn RE: deckbuilding / evaluating cards and synergies among the pool) but I'm actively trying to improve. I might shoot for a few SGC Open tourneys but I'm not going out of my way for one of those. I'll also be attending as many local (~ 4 hr drive) PTQs as possible. So, I may see you around at one of these events in the coming year. If so, don't hesitiate to say hi if we haven't met before.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos
Default Re: The Chronicles of Weazy

asl?

pics?
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Trey
Wanna-be Pro

Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?Trey , waysr?

You totally failed in the name of this blog. It should have been "Weazy, it's the big one!"
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
You totally failed in the name of this blog. It should have been "Weazy, it's the big one!"
Ha! Yeah, missed opportunity.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
GodzillaScott
Hiding in fog.

GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?

I can change the title if you would like...
GodzillaScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaScott View Post
I can change the title if you would like...
Nah. Thanks though.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
asl?

pics?
A: i prefer 18+ for legal reasons
S: Yes, please
L: most anywhere

Pics: I don't like having evidence floating around

DTF?
Old 12-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #8
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Naya is getting torn down. Junk brew coming up next. I have an unreasonable urge to jam deathrite in standard. And all the abrupt decays. And blood barons. Man this is going to suck but it'll be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Yeah, SRSLY. STFU and play your own match.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

No work for me until the 2nd. I'm looking forward to seeing my family this week and gorging myself on good southern cooking for a few days. Over the next week I'm going to take it slow and enjoy having time to myself to just relax and not think about work for a while. And maybe get in on this holiday cube business.

Just got myself a few presents, my final foil deathrite shaman to finish my playset for modern as well as my last dark confidant so I have my BUG deck completed.

I jammed my modern deck against a few decks over the weekend, Splinter twin and a rogue lands brew running all the retrace stuff + burning vengeance. The twin matchup was pretty close (tested something like 10-12 games) and gets better after board with access to surgical extraction. Overall I was pretty surprised at how the deck fended off the combo menace.

End of the day the BUG brew is fun. Not tier 1 but it does do a pretty damn good job against Pod and holds up pretty well against Twin (60/40 in Twins favor G1, flip that for sideboarded games). RWU control is fun thanks to all the discard in the deck (inquisition + thoughtsieze + liliana + clique). My only issue was dealing with man lands and I've tossed in a few ghost quarters to deal with those. I might try to jam the deck for a modern GP in 2014. If not this, most likely jund or GW hexproof because I already have it built.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday this week.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Happy New Year!

May your 2014 be better than your 2013!