Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 09-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?
Default Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

So... I've been meaning to start a blog for a while, and I have a couple hours to kill before my next class and modo is down so why not. Enjoy the boring details of my life. I'll try to make this interesting by acting all emo every once in a while.

So anyway, this is my last semester of college. After I graduate I will be working for ? as a ? making $?. Should be pretty tough this semester, I have classes in Engineering Management (or something like that, the class title is very vague,) Programmable Logic Controllers (i.e. industrial robotics,) Mechanical Design Applications and my Senior Design Project.

So... Today, I didn't have my 8am class, which was kinda nice except I still had one at 9:10. That was the PLC class. Seems pretty interesting except the class is in a computer lab where half the stations don't face the projector, and given my consistency in arriving 2 minutes before class starts, all the forward facing seats were long gone so, looks like that one is going to be a bit uncomfortable.

Then I took a nap and went to Target to get a duffel bag for the flight to my dad's wedding this weekend. The trip to target was actually quite horrifying, because I still can't drive a stick very well. Basically, long story behind that, my dad moved to Washington DC recently and left his 1997 Integra GSR to my brother. I had wanted that car for a long time and was a little annoyed that he gave it to my brother, considering he needed a car because he treats his cars like crap, hits stuff, never changes the oil, etc. But then all summer, my brother never learned how to drive a stick and drove my mom's accord everywhere, and she had to give him that car to go to college. Although my mom has no problem driving stick, she doesn't like it because, among other things, it makes it harder to text while driving, so she traded me the Acura for my Camry. Which is nice, except I had this awesome car that I couldn't actually drive, so I'm getting there, but I stall getting it into first a lot.

Anyway, on the way to Target, this guy pulls up behind me at a light in this huge ass hummer. Of course I stall the car on my first attempt to get it into gear and he immediately leans on his horn and starts honking at me, which makes it infinitely harder. At the next light, he gets behind me again, despite the fact that there are empty lanes on either side, same thing happens as the last intersection. I almost want to fuck up some more just to piss this guy off. Finally, he just passes me and I had no more problems for the rest of the drive... that is until I was a block away from my house, turning left, when a bus let a bunch of people off right next to me. There were people looking at me from all 4 corners of the intersection so of course when I tried to get moving...CLUNKclunkclunk... and repeat four more times. The driving equivalent of not losing a game in the swiss and then getting blown out in the first round of top 8... i.e. the Tobey.

Yeah so... thats my first entry. Tobey out.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.
Default Re: Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

The middle finger, learn to use it.
binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Oh I did. Sorry for the textwall BTW. I just started typing and 5 minutes later I had that.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
corenerd
peek-a-boo
Contributor

corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.corenerd is untouchable.

at least hummer guy didn't slave of bolas you
corenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
fatguy_poolshark
Mr. Negative

fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.fatguy_poolshark gets paid by the post.

LOL @ matt/Bing...

Yeah small cars are harder to learn stick on. Bigger motor=easier to learn because you get a granny gear 1st where without applying gas it will start rolling in 1st.
fatguy_poolshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
blake31678
pitchslapped
ContributorModerator

blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?

Practice in an open parking lot. There's a little point where the pedal "catches" and once you get comfortable with that, it's smooth sailing. I drive a stick now, and if I get in another standard I'm not familiar with, I'll kill it at stoplights, etc.
blake31678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Kingjoker
n00b

Kingjoker hasn't done anything yet.

wait, you mean people actually drive automatics?
Kingjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

I did practice in an open parking lot, it's totally a mental thing, I only fuck it up when there are people honking or staring at me and I feel pressure not to.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

I had a duffel bag you could borrow....

Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
arsenalpow
Fuck Sundays
Contributor

arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
I had a duffel bag you could borrow....but it smells like weed

better
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb brignon View Post
im actually fucking awesome for many reasons, probably most known for my sweet stroke
arsenalpow is offline   Reply With Quote