Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #91
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?
Default Re: Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

I am the king of opening bayous and tropicals. 5 Trops and 4 bayous now in 8 sealed and 4 drafts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg med3sealed4.jpg (102.4 KB, 11 views)
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #92
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Maindeck foil Bayou in a deck with no green cards just to try to get opponents to throttle you through the monitor?

Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #93
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

there's no nonbasic hate or landwalk so might as well. Opponent might play around a giant growth I don't have.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #94
Crazyeye
Acolyte

Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.

i think thats goofy they are more likely to get needed mana off fellwar stone then playing around splashed mediocre tricks
Crazyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #95
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

There's like 5 instant tricks in the format.
binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #96
Crazyeye
Acolyte

Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.Crazyeye 's rep power comes with responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ho View Post
i think the chance they draw fellwar stone before their second color and i have the dual land already in play and have that result in a game losing effect is less than them playing around tricks
i think you are giving them too much credit

and they are generally not losing the game to playing around tricks either

initially i really wanted to play my duals too but with fellwar/ 4/4 swamp/forest walk im going to contine to leave them in the board

3/3 island home guy too, i think thats all the reasons tho :/

Last edited by Crazyeye; 09-14-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Crazyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #97
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

I mean, you never really know if someone is playing around something. I mostly just wanted to run it cause its got spinnaz on it tbh. I 3-1'd.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #98
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

So, anyway, non-Magic post coming up. This is still sort of a blog I guess.

Woke up really early this morning. My schedule is forcing me to be a morning person. I had Inventory & Production Management at 8 followed by Programmable Logic Controllers at 9. Both professors took roll, both pronounce my last name like it rhymes with lobby. That makes 3 out of 5 professors that can't pronounce Tobey. I have 2 first names that nobody can spell or pronounce.

After that, I met with my team for our senior design project. We are testing Buckyball structures as a roof coating material. We couldn't find any ASTM standards related to the testing of roof coating materials, so I came up with an experiment of my own design to test its heat transfer properties. The other group members liked it, so I emailed our experiment plan to the professor who is advising us on it.

Then I went to HEB and had the bizarre experience of realizing I was now buying breakfast food for the first time in my life. Bacon, how I've missed you. That sentence will probably ultimately be the cause of my death.

Took a nap and then went to my PLCs lab. I missed last week because I was flying back from DC, so I had never seen the program I was working with, so all I had to go with were my class notes and the lab manual. I actually didn't have too much trouble figuring it out on my own. Or so I thought. I called the professor over to show him my program so he could mark me off, and he looked at my programs and basically said "no, this is terrible, this is all wrong." He didn't really explain why, basically just berated me for not knowing exactly how to use a program I had never seen before. Eventually I got him to tell me what I did wrong. I didn't have things labeled correctly. So I got that fixed, but I still had a minor error and he berated me again, complained about how I was going to make him stay late, didn't tell me how to fix it. The guy at the computer next to me showed me what I was doing wrong and I finished and actually wound up getting out of there quicker than most of the class.

Then I got home, looked in my email, The professor for the buckyball project had emailed me back, basically said, this is unacceptable, why didn't you use these 2 ASTM standards for your testing? and then he linked to the two exact standards for what we are doing.

Textwall of Ice
0/7

So basically I felt like a total tard, then I opened a foil dual and my Fantasy football team got there so Im way up in the make believe stuff.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #99
luxgladius
Swords for everyone!
Administrator

luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
Bacon, how I've missed you. That sentence will probably ultimately be the cause of my death.
Can't really let that pass without the obligatory XKCD:

alt text: Although maybe it's just a phase, like freshman year of college when I realized I could just buy frosting in a can.
Quoted for truthery.
luxgladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #100
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

no money. . was kinda waffling between GBr and UBr, this is what I wound up with. go go dragon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg medsealed5.jpg (103.4 KB, 5 views)