Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #111
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?
Default Re: Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

wow this fell all the way to the second page, that was quick.

nothing extremely interesting has really happened to me in the last week or so. Basically been working a lot on my senior design project and watching the 509493 season premiers on TV on this week. Not much modoing, although I did Top 32 the MOCS on sunday.

So anyway...

FUCK THE DCI.

As most of you heard from Scotty, they denied his appeal because the tournament was not submitted on time due to a clerical error, and apparently their policy is that when that happens, too bad. Also, instead of just telling scott this, they strung him along for weeks and took forever to return his emails. Their policy is so stupid that it caused a 90 pound stick figure to get so pissed that he broke our front door. The same front door that a cop failed to kick in a while back. It in no way involves me but still I am disgusted with the way they handled the situation.

and also...

they finally killed my bike.

As I was riding home from class this morning, there was some guy walking backwards on the wrong side of the sidewalk talking to someone moving in a direct collision course with me. I couldn't go around him, since there were people walking the other way to my left and people walking the same way as me to my right, so I just stopped and let this dumbass walk right into me, despite both me and the guy he was talking to yelling "Watch Out." He knocked the bike over but I'm pretty sure it was ok after that. Then about 50 feet later, I was riding past some parked cars, and a guy starts to back out when I am right behind him, and I couldn't get past his car in time and he hit me. This asian guy gets out of the car and is like "I so sorry I hit bike" but I was ok and the bike looked ok so I told him don't worry about it. Then he drove off, and when I started to pedal, I heard a "thwackthwackthwack" and the bike wasn't moving, and I looked down to see a pile of bike parts lying on the ground. Basically the arm that holds the chain slack had been bent into the back wheel gearbox and when I pedaled, the whole assembly disintegrated.

It was a beat up bike that I bought for $100 off craigslist 4 years ago, but now I am in the awkward position of needing a bike now, but also graduating in 3 months, after which I will probably have no use for one.

Last edited by Tobey; 09-23-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #112
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

For the record, I fixed it the door...

did you just leave the bike on campus somewhere?

Also that cop kicking the door is a funny story, apparently the people who lived here before us were total derelicts, and for some reason this retard cop thinks he's gonna surprise them by kicking the door in. We're all sitting around the living room when there's a huge thunk on the door and I look out and don't see anybody so I called the cops...while I'm on the phone with them the guy knocks (mayyybe he should've tried that first?) and I tell the 911 guy "Oh...you're here already." God that cop was a dumbass.

Good thing we weren't smoking in the living room at the time.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #113
arsenalpow
Fuck Sundays
Contributor

arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?

damn i wanted pics of scotty's meltdown. I bet that door was completely off the hinges and splintered into a million pieces
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb brignon View Post
im actually fucking awesome for many reasons, probably most known for my sweet stroke
arsenalpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #114
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?

WOW YESSS I GOT THERE!

just got a phone call, I'm qualified
BOOM

BABY
Old 09-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #115
arsenalpow
Fuck Sundays
Contributor

arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?arsenalpow , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
WOW YESSS I GOT THERE!

BOOM

BABY
lol wtf how???
Quote:
im actually fucking awesome for many reasons, probably most known for my sweet stroke
Old 09-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #116
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
WOW YESSS I GOT THERE!

BOOM

BABY
FUCK yes! That is fuckin awesome Grats Scotty. Maybe you'll get that article now? And he can include your NC top8.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #117
arsenalpow
Fuck Sundays
Contributor

ship the top secret extended fishes list, i know you have one.
Quote:
Old 09-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #118
Athos
Look at this stuff...

It's not so secret...~20 good merfolk, 4 cryptic, 4 ancestral vision, 2-4 disrupting shoal, 2-4 spell snare.

It probably isn't viable because of fucking zoo unless they print that merfolk I was talkin about in the rumor thread. I can't beat that deck consistently even in Legacy with 4 submerge, and the extended version is almost exactly the same.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #119
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
WOW YESSS I GOT THERE!

BOOM

BABY
grats man! I'm glad the DCI got their head out of their asses on this one

To know me as hardly golden is to know me all wrong

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #120
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

Quote:
WOW YESSS I GOT THERE!

BOOM

BABY
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote