Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #131
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?
Default Re: Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

So... today's entry.

Thursdays are my easy days, just finished a presentation yesterday so today I got to not work so hard (ok, fine, work even less hard than usual.) All I had was a short lab in the morning and my kinesiology in the afternoon.

The lab kind of sucks, basically the professor who teaches the class is someone who has spent the last 15 years of her life as a graduate student and has an actual teaching job for the first time, so I don't really think she fully understands how stupid undergraduates are. She completely threw out the prescribed lesson plan for the class and everything is over calculus that is way beyond anything I or anyone else in the class was required to take but she assumes we all know. Basically the highlight of that part of my day was the fact that she was wearing a cape. Like not a superman cape but like a flying squirrel cape. I guess that's fashionable or something, she did all her PHD and post doc work in LA so I guess she is just more fashionable than people in hick middle of nowhere texas.

So then I hit the weight room. Today we were doing an upper body workout. I really suck at bench press because I can't hold the bar level, it always tilts down towards my left arm, I had to put twice as much weight on the right side to keep it level. Then on the lat pull, I was lowering the bar at like a 45 degree angle, and I was lifting a 30 pound dumbbell easily with my right arm and struggling to lift 15 with my left.

Go ahead and make the obvious joke about how that happened...

... it's totally correct.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #132
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

gonna necro this thread for a sealed deck. That's right, THREE marsh casualties. With a line like that, this deck can't not horribly disappoint me and go 2-2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zendikar1.jpg (103.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #133
MGV
AS, B!

MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?MGV , waysr?

Somebody create a Thread for Zendikar Sealed decks...
MGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #134
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

or just post them wherever like we always do.

Also, I cut zektar shrine expedition for land #18 at the last minute.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #135
Emunst14
75%er

Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?

geez that kind of multiple-ness worries me...was m10 sealed like this often
Emunst14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #136
Graygod
I'm so pretty.
Administrator

Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Graygod

I'm jealous. Won't be able to play for another 2 hours.
Graygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #137
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emunst14 View Post
geez that kind of multiple-ness worries me...was m10 sealed like this often
ever since they switched to all packs rather than a starter and packs, multiples have become a lot more common. You still almost never see 3 of the same uncommon, although in this case, one of them is foil.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #138
Emunst14
75%er

Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?Emunst14 , waysr?

lol just noticed the magosi in the board...ive seriously opened that land 5 times in sealed...no exaggeration
Emunst14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #139
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Man dubs burst lightning and trips casualties. Easy 3-1 very likely 4-0. Cmon shuffler...
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #140
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emunst14 View Post
lol just noticed the magosi in the board...ive seriously opened that land 5 times in sealed...no exaggeration
In more than half of my sealed pools Ive opened Timberland Ranger, theres no complaint that guy just likes to follow me around.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote