Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 11-04-2014, 01:07 AM   #3731
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?
Default Re: Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

Got into Chicago at noon, drove to the Chicago office, and got back to my hotel room 30 minutes ago. Business travel sucks. On the bright side, I've got my own hotel room so I get to play the "how many things can I jizz on" game
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #3732
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Holy shit dude you scared the fuck outta me. You can't post shit at 2 in the morning when I know you have work tomorrow.

Glad to hear everything's good. Why the fuck were you at work until 1am? I always have to drive to pick up my packages after 6pm.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #3733
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

So, when I said I was going to be in LA this week, what I meant was Rancho Cucamonga. I thought I'd hit up the Comedy Store or the Laugh Factory while I was here, and I wanted to go tonight, so I googled directions and... hour and a half, 55 miles... nah fuck that. The Workaholics house is here, though, maybe Adam is throwing a house party tonight.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #3734
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
So, when I said I was going to be in LA this week, what I meant was Rancho Cucamonga. I thought I'd hit up the Comedy Store or the Laugh Factory while I was here, and I wanted to go tonight, so I googled directions and... hour and a half, 55 miles... nah fuck that. The Workaholics house is here, though, maybe Adam is throwing a house party tonight.
There's an Improv in Orange County, no idea if it's worth checking out.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #3735
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
There's an Improv in Orange County, no idea if it's worth checking out.
Yeah, the Ontario improv is only about 15 minutes away, they have a spanish show tonight but I might go there tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #3736
lordofnight991
I'm a lawyer.
Repeat Contributor

lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to lordofnight991 Send a message via Skype™ to lordofnight991

Quote:
Yeah, the Ontario improv is only about 15 minutes away, they have a spanish show tonight but I might go there tomorrow.
Why not broaden your comedic horizons? Sheesh.

lordofnight991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:37 AM   #3737
MagicalHack
Colonel Angus
Contributor

MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?

Quote:
they have a spanish show tonight
Is it the donkey one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike614 View Post
I read an entire web article on intellectual property law!
MagicalHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #3738
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

So, in the interview for this job, I mentioned that I am ok with SQL, I mean, I can program in Javascript and VBA, same thing, right?

So last week, I learned that I'm going to be the SQL guru on the Industrial Engineering team, and part of my job is to run these monthly reports (there are 9 in total). Currently, a programmer from IT is running these for us and they want someone in IE to be responsible for it, so he spent about 2 hours showing me how to run the reports yesterday, and today I was supposed to run this month's. So I was like "Yeah, sure I can do it".

I sat down this morning at about 7:30 and realized I had no fucking idea what I was doing. If you just saw the look on my face and the fact that I was sitting in front of a computer, you'd think I was looking at /r/spacedicks for the first time. Also, at some point, I learned that I'm like the 4th IE they've tried to give this responsibility to and everyone else just decided they'd rather have a different specialty.

So this is a classic Tobey story... fib a little in a job interview and then it turns out that's the thing they want me to specialize in, then when they figure out I can't do it...

Well, I made about 10 calls to an increasingly annoyed programmer after fucking simple things up, didn't get up from the chair at any point except to use the bathroom or grab a couple slices of pizza from the breakroom, and by 5:30 this afternoon... I had submitted all 9 reports and managed not to make it obvious that I had never used SQL before today. They're going to pay for me to take a class so I guess it's kind of apparent that I'm a novice, but I really managed not to Tobey that.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #3739
snackdaddy's
Moist & Accomodating

snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?

i mean you just took over the old code right?
snackdaddy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #3740
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

That was pretty much my experience with SQL, except I didn't have an increasingly annoyed programmer to call for help.

It was just a bunch of clicking and begging the person who was there before me, once they told me a little I was able to figure a couple other things out.
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote