Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 12-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #3771
MagicalHack
Colonel Angus
Contributor

MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?MagicalHack , waysr?
Default Re: Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

It's almost certain that Tobey identified a cost-saving measure related to some work project. He can't disclose the particulars of the project or company business, so he can't really share the specifics.

I doubt it was HR related, although that is certainly more salacious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike614 View Post
I read an entire web article on intellectual property law!
MagicalHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #3772
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofnight991 View Post
In true Tobet fashion, this promotion will end in disaster. Mark my words.

More work same pay
Or
Supervising, gets accused of sexual harassment
Or
Meant "demotion" but said "promotion"
The first one would have been correct, but said promotion is not happening, which I'm ok with because my current boss is super nice and the guy who I would've reported to is kinda a dick minus the kinda.

On the subject of my boss, she emailed me today asking to please be more serious with my time card comments after Mondays "spent most of day trying to figure out why thingamadoodle not interacting with whatsamajig; thingamadoodle now interacting with whatsamajig" and Wednesdays "worked from 7am to 8pm still slight traces of blood in coffeestream"
Tobey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #3773
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

You need to start getting shit in writing lol.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #3774
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

slight traces of blood in coffeestream is hilarious
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #3775
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
You need to start getting shit in writing lol.
I never got an offer. Basically, yesterday, a person in a very important position in our operation... parted ways with the company... in the middle of the shift (protip: if you are at a UPS facility anywhere but the bathroom, you are on camera), so my department manager, district manager and division manager (boss' boss, boss' boss' boss and boss' boss' boss' boss) got together and decided they wanted to recommend me for the now-vacant position. However, it was just a recommendation to the ops manager, he had someone else in mind, and it's ultimately his decision how to staff his facility. It would have been a sideways promotion for me, going from Industrial Engineer to Operations Supervisor, but for the guy who is getting it, it is a straight up promotion and zero dilemma. Plus I would have had to get there by 6 at the latest every day whereas in my current job I get there at 8 on a normal day but don't actually have set hours.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #3776
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Its reassuring to see that they're always looking to advance people.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #3777
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

I hope your boss(es) have a sense of humor
Old 01-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #3778
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

So there's this program at work that you use to update the layouts of the sorting machines. It's been broken for months, and nobody has been able to make updates, and the guy who wrote it no longer works here and left zero comments in the code. I kinda said I knew Visual Basic in my job interview, so my boss figured I could fix it. I spent an hour every day for a month learning vba, found the bug and fixed it.

Now all the updates everyone tried to make went through when they weren't expecting it and a lot of people are super pissed at me.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #3779
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Pretty sure you just volunteered for all future troubleshooting endeavors, too.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:06 PM   #3780
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Yeah that's what happened to the guy who had my job until 2013. The reason he doesn't work here anymore is because Google offered him a job so he works there now.