Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #3781
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock
Default Re: Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
So there's this program at work that you use to update the layouts of the sorting machines. It's been broken for months, and nobody has been able to make updates, and the guy who wrote it no longer works here and left zero comments in the code. I kinda said I knew Visual Basic in my job interview, so my boss figured I could fix it. I spent an hour every day for a month learning vba, found the bug and fixed it.

Now all the updates everyone tried to make went through when they weren't expecting it and a lot of people are super pissed at me.
There's no way to test this shit before pushing it to live? Also, people pushed updates that didn't work and kept them pushed?
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:19 PM   #3782
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
There's no way to test this shit before pushing it to live? Also, people pushed updates that didn't work and kept them pushed?
this. wtf kind of clownshoes operation is this?

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #3783
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

We do, just how am I supposed to know to test for updates that were made before I even worked here.

So like, the thing I fixed pulls from an SQL database, which had updated, but the tool was pulling from the wrong table. Literally all I did was changed the word history to fact twice. So the only parts of the updates that didn't work were the final steps to put them into a txt file for the machines.

Last edited by Tobey; 01-29-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #3784
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

Even when you fix shit people are pissed. Sounds like everything's coming up Tobey.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #3785
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

you are now the computer guy

you will take all heat for all issues related to electronics. notice i did not say computers. there will be motherfuckers so ignorant that if their smartphone has issues, it will be on you 'cause it happened at work.

power failed? third party computer related service down? fuck that tobey guy.

enjoy!
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #3786
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

just watch out for the Jitterbug Gang

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:19 PM   #3787
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Meh, I'm actually really happy with what I'm doing right now, like, I'm never bored at work. That's just such a great thing to actually have shit to do that's important and bad things will happen if you fuck up. I like that way more than browsing reddit all day.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:08 PM   #3788
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
you are now the computer guy

you will take all heat for all issues related to electronics. notice i did not say computers. there will be motherfuckers so ignorant that if their smartphone has issues, it will be on you 'cause it happened at work.

power failed? third party computer related service down? fuck that tobey guy.

enjoy!
Welcome to my hell
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #3789
wowhi
Acolyte

wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?

VBA is pretty cool.
wowhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #3790
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhi View Post
VBA is pretty cool.
Such a brogrammer!
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote