Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 11-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #3851
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.
Default Re: Better late than never: The Tobey Blog.

Hey, let me know what you need. I'll happily do 70% of the cheapest you can find online.

I should have all the shocks, fetches and most of the key cards. I'm probably 5-10 cards off from building most decks.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #3852
wowhi
Acolyte

wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?

I would just pick a deck y ou are going to be happy playing for a whole year and roll with it. To say you don't want to play affinity because it's going to be heavy hated for ~3 months is a poor reason to not play a deck.
wowhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:49 PM   #3853
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Stony silence is the only hate card that plays itself

Don't give up on your favorite deck. A big part of modern is picking a pony and sticking with it.

That being said, yes twin will always be a thing and never worse than 45% preboard. But it is very very hard to play perfectly. Try to watch this. If you can't/won't, at least listen to one of the rants about a play he screwed up.

http://www.channelfireball.com/video...-twin-vs-jund/
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:56 PM   #3854
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Cecilia Jupe

merfolk isn't too expensive i don't think, probably easy enough for you to pick up.

but in seriousness i will recommend twin, since knowing your luck, they end up banning it which is what i really want. lets use your powers for good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post
Stop being an ass.
Cecilia Jupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #3855
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Stony silence is the only hate card that plays itself

Don't give up on your favorite deck. A big part of modern is picking a pony and sticking with it.

That being said, yes twin will always be a thing and never worse than 45% preboard. But it is very very hard to play perfectly. Try to watch this. If you can't/won't, at least listen to one of the rants about a play he screwed up.

http://www.channelfireball.com/video...-twin-vs-jund/
I wouldn't even say affinity is my favorite deck, I've played it a lot but that was when the format was called Extended. it shares like... Ravager and Plating and Ornithopter with that deck.

I've watched a lot of modern on Twitch and Twin definitely seems like the one I'd most want to be playing, so if that's the criteria, then Twin.

Worst case scenario, Twin gets banned and you're all fucking welcome.
Tobey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #3856
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

oh then youre set

twin some motherfuckers.

the best part is that even when you're tired or intoxicated, or just a bad player and screwing up you can draw a card that wins the game for 4 mana against Andrew Sullano
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #3857
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
I wouldn't even say affinity is my favorite deck, I've played it a lot but that was when the format was called Extended. it shares like... Ravager and Plating and Ornithopter with that deck.

I've watched a lot of modern on Twitch and Twin definitely seems like the one I'd most want to be playing, so if that's the criteria, then Twin.

Worst case scenario, Twin gets banned and you're all fucking welcome.
Depending on your budget / desire I would recommend Twin and/or Jund. Both decks are very customizable and able to adapt to how the meta changes, neither is likely to be banned out of existence, and large portions of the cards used in them transfer over to other deck types that you might want to explore later.

To know me as hardly golden is to know me all wrong

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #3858
wowhi
Acolyte

wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
oh then youre set

twin some motherfuckers.

the best part is that even when you're tired or intoxicated, or just a bad player and screwing up you can draw a card that wins the game for 4 mana against Andrew Sullano
To be fair Alex bianchi was none of those things but he was dead on board
wowhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #3859
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

These are phun to open

BFZsets.jpg
Tobey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #3860
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
These are phun to open
Attachment 6123
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're supposed to sell those?

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote