Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #101
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK
Default Re: The Chronicles of Weazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofnight991 View Post
You should already know how much you're paying before you bet step on the lot. Even walking won't get you the price you want anymore. You need to know the dealer price and what the true bottom line for you car is. Then call around. Say x dealership offered me the car for $y- can you beat it? Do this over and over again until the reductions start to get to the $50 range. Then call the dealership you want to buy it at, say you have the offer somewhere else for $y, but their dealership is preferred so you'd like to buy from then but only if they match/beat it. If they say no, you already have a good deal somewhere else. If they say yes (which they always have in my experience), you go. Only ten do you have to be willing to walk away.

When calling, always make sure to ask for "drive out price, everything included." If they try to add anything on, just say no. They'll take it off. Only then should you have to threaten to walk away.

In the age of the internet, this process has become so much easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
I've got a number in mind I won't move from. My goal is to get as far under it as I reasonably can. Every time I've haggled, I always deal 'bottom line' meaning the number I'm going to sign on includes TTL and any other random fees. I write my number in their sharpie and 'out the door / TTL + fees included' right next to it. That usually gets the manager on the first pass, which is fine. If not, I march the salesman back to the manager tower until I get my number, or I walk.

The worst thing you can do is negotiate on monthly payment price. They can roll all sorts of shit into that end number, especially on the finance side.
Yeah, I was getting to that. I do remember a story when Kay was looking for a car:

We were at Spring Branch Honda, looking at a Corolla I think. Guy came back with an "offer" that Kay quickly realized was sticker. The guy said that was "the best he could offer", and we laughed and walked out. On the way home the guy e-mailed her saying he had a better deal if she just called him. We ignored it.

Also most of the tips I've read say e-mail works better than phone because you have a written record of said offers.
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #102
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?

Then when she found the car, the Altima, they calculated invoice + a couple hundred out the door. They negotiated about 100 bucks more, when she wavered they threw in a year of oil changes.

Get to finance and they lob an additional 500 off.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #103
lordofnight991
I'm a lawyer.
Repeat Contributor

lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to lordofnight991 Send a message via Skype™ to lordofnight991

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKDarK View Post
Yeah, I was getting to that. I do remember a story when Kay was looking for a car:

We were at Spring Branch Honda, looking at a Corolla I think. Guy came back with an "offer" that Kay quickly realized was sticker. The guy said that was "the best he could offer", and we laughed and walked out. On the way home the guy e-mailed her saying he had a better deal if she just called him. We ignored it.

Also most of the tips I've read say e-mail works better than phone because you have a written record of said offers.
Written offer is irrelevant. They either offer it to you or they don't. If they don't, you don't buy. I won't email because I don't want them having any record of how to email me. Could you imagine/ if you email 5 different dealers, they'll all be spamming you with every sale they ever have. Absurd.

lordofnight991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:45 AM   #104
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

Quote:
Written offer is irrelevant. They either offer it to you or they don't. If they don't, you don't buy. I won't email because I don't want them having any record of how to email me. Could you imagine/ if you email 5 different dealers, they'll all be spamming you with every sale they ever have. Absurd.
Who says you have to use an established e-mail? I would just make a throwaway account.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:46 AM   #105
lordofnight991
I'm a lawyer.
Repeat Contributor

lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to lordofnight991 Send a message via Skype™ to lordofnight991

Quote:
Who says you have to use an established e-mail? I would just make a throwaway account.
Make an account is more time than dialing a number, you anti-social twat.

lordofnight991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:54 AM   #106
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

Quote:
Make an account is more time than dialing a number, you anti-social twat.
Making an account vs one phone call: you are right.
Making an account vs potentially a few dozen phone calls, each time having it ring until an answering machine or being transferred waiting on hold once again.: account wins. I can shoot an e-mail and get on with my day, if they don't respond, then that's an easy decision or I can call afterward.

I would visit in person if I didn't have to drive to each dealership.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:44 AM   #107
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

My dad once traded in a truck with a crankshaft that was on it's way out, but made sure to keep it running when they came out to appraise.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #108
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

I think the thing that amazes me the most is dealerships still try to pull this shit after the age of information and the internet.

Only thing I can think of is it still works for others.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #109
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj8541 View Post
Even in great condition that truck appraised for less than they gave me.

head gaskets on an aluminum block is pretty much a death sentence due to the amount of machining that will need to be done. A new engine on the 5.4 V8 is also 3k just for the block. Add on all the extra stuff and its an easy 4k before labor. They got the shaft.
Ha, this reminds me of when Whiskey Jack got raped by Chad at Midnight.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #110
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
I think the thing that amazes me the most is dealerships still try to pull this shit after the age of information and the internet.

Only thing I can think of is it still works for others.
Wtf? Why wouldn't they?

binger is offline   Reply With Quote