Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #121
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?
Default Re: The Chronicles of Weazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKDarK View Post
You are giving me an out-of-production car (at least according to wiki), that doesn't count.
During its time of production.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #122
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqdao View Post
During its time of production.
I'm out, Phu "the corner case" Dao.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #123
HavoKDarK
Have A Nice Day!

HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?HavoKDarK , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to HavoKDarK

You are still giving me a car which (according to wiki) had a limited run in the US at all, even while in production.

So it makes perfect sense there was a waiting list, and I'm sure dealers put a ton of shit into them to maximize their profits (fully loaded), because for the people that simply want THAT car, you had to go with WYSIWYG

For me, if I found out how exclusive this car was making me pay exorbitant amounts more than sticker for shit I wouldn't want/need. I would find a different car, especially if I have to garner an explanation why my car is so awesome and exclusive.
HavoKDarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:56 AM   #124
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavoKDarK View Post
You are still giving me a car which (according to wiki) had a limited run in the US at all, even while in production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj8541 View Post
The guy who was next to me bought a 370Z touring at sticker price.
I hope it was one of the specialty 370Z editions on top of being a 370Z.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #125
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I'm out, Phu "the corner case" Dao.
Oh, you want more current examples?

Nismo GTR (maybe)
Z28 Camaro
Subaru BRZ/ Scion FRS
Corvette C7

Old 01-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #126
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
It was. It was a touring edition convertible. The guy told him how crazy limited they were. There was a huge wait list, limited production, all the things you mentioned. He paid sticker for it. I got my new plates the other day and the one he was sold has been replaced with a black one that is otherwise identical.

If you are using a person buying a limited edition car as the counterpoint to a discussion that people make silly financial decisions it won't go far with me. I bought a truck that you would probably never consider driving. You actually have to roll the windows down manually. It's crazy. Yet there were 4 of them on site and thousands on the road. It's totally unoriginal and I got it for a song. It's almost like I just valued a vehicle as a tool to get down the road and not as a status symbol. Crazy!
You know what's really crazy? Nobody would know how much the bunk bed cost if Phu never mentioned it.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #127
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Quote:
Oh, you want more current examples?

Nismo GTR (maybe)
Z28 Camaro
Subaru BRZ/ Scion FRS
Corvette C7
When I worked at a dealer the Prowler had just come out and it was demanding a $15K addendum. That's right, $15K premium OVER sticker. And we sold two in less than two months. Granted the degree of exclusivity (low prod #s for the first year) drove that premium. For the other models listed above, it's not about low production numbers but the image of exclusivity that convinces people to pay sticker. I think it's partly about supply/demaned but as Grimlock pointed out I think it's more self imposed, meaning you want it and are willing to pay sticker. Which, IMO is a sign you've made an 'emotional purchase'.

On the topic of sticker, 99% of us upon hearing anyone paying sticker for something non-exotic will wonder why they didn't try to get a deal. If the dealer says 'No discount', you can either walk or fork over the cash. If you pay, it makes most of us wonder, why the fuck becuase a 370 isn't some super exotic or low production run car. Even the Nismo ones you can source and most likely get a deal on becuase they're so niche.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #128
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

Quote:
I bought a truck that you would probably never consider driving. You actually have to roll the windows down manually.
Oh, you mean like in my wife's Corolla...
Quote:
It's crazy. Yet there were 4 of them on site and thousands on the road. It's totally unoriginal and I got it for a song. It's almost like I just valued a vehicle as a tool to get down the road and not as a status symbol. Crazy!
I'm thinking about getting a Highlander, but I want the newer class (2014), so have to wait at least a year.

Last edited by phuqdao; 01-31-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #129
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
I think it's partly about supply/demaned but as Grimlock pointed out I think it's more self imposed, meaning you want it and are willing to pay sticker. Which, IMO is a sign you've made an 'emotional purchase'.
I like to slowly progress debates on slow days at work.

Today I have to do my self-evaluation for the year.

So if a car on that list sits on the lot less than 24 hours when one becomes available, would that meet your "higher" demand requirement?

Old 01-31-2014, 12:40 PM   #130
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Quote:
I like to slowly progress debates on slow days at work.

Today I have to do my self-evaluation for the year.

So if a car on that list sits on the lot less than 24 hours, would that meet your "higher" demand requirement?
Depends on the other criteria. 'A car' is very general. Let's use your list as an example. My answer: it depends. Could be demand. Could be great timing by the dealer / buyer. There's a lot of variables at play.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote