Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 12-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #51
snackdaddy's
Moist & Accomodating

snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?snackdaddy's , waysr?
Default Re: The Chronicles of Weazy

needed curry!
snackdaddy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #52
chad
Wanna-be Pro
Repeat Contributor

chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?chad , waysr?

had some oatmeal cookies with curry it the other day. it was surprisingly good and not noticeable at all. i was told it had curry in it after i ate it.
geoff - $$$$$$$

trading integrity for snapcasters
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #53
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
It's actually got some nice heat to it. Between all the chipotles and the adobo there's a decent amount.

If this would have been for the masochistic salsa crowd it would have been pineapple habenaro salsa. Which reminds me of a quick story...

I worked at a place in Nashville many years ago where one of the sous chef had served on the a Culinary Olympic team (yes there is such a thing) as the spice / pepper expert of the group. He made what he called 'hab poppers' which were little cups made from capped, deseeded and deveined habs and packed them with orange sorbet. They were fucking delicious.
I tried to make habanero salsa once. I was holding the peppers with my left hand and chopping with my right, and only had a glove on my left hand. Then shortly after, I had to pee, and even though my right hand never touched the peppers, I must have touched the glove or the knife blade because my dick started to burn with the fury of a thousand suns. So yeah, always wear gloves on both hands when you do anything with habaneros.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #54
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Yeah, the classic no wash mistake. That damn capsaicin (what makes the peppers hot) is sneaky. It's oil based so you have to really wash your hands (cold water) before you touch anything sensitive.

I saw a guy to the same thing one night during prep before service. But instead of going hand to dick, he rubbed his eye without thinking about it and then it was too late. I felt bad for him becuase he was is excruciating pain and blinded in one eye at the same time.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #55
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

I remember watcing a Man vs Food where Adam accidently wiped his face with the napkin he'd been using on his hands in an extreme hot wing challenge. Dude's face was blistering and shit

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #56
juzamj
Wanna-be Pro

juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?juzamj , waysr?

Never understood why people would eat anything that requires protective gloves to make
juzamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #57
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
The PV incident or the chick who play magic incident?
LMFAO at this quote:

Supper better be ready when I get home tonight
Old 12-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #58
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackdaddy's View Post
needed curry!
A favorite dessert another chef brewed up one night was a pot de creme. Rich chocolate mousse spiked with cayenne. It was spicy and fuck and so damn awesome.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #59
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Naya is getting torn down. Junk brew coming up next. I have an unreasonable urge to jam deathrite in standard. And all the abrupt decays. And blood barons. Man this is going to suck but it'll be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Yeah, SRSLY. STFU and play your own match.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #60
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

No work for me until the 2nd. I'm looking forward to seeing my family this week and gorging myself on good southern cooking for a few days. Over the next week I'm going to take it slow and enjoy having time to myself to just relax and not think about work for a while. And maybe get in on this holiday cube business.

Just got myself a few presents, my final foil deathrite shaman to finish my playset for modern as well as my last dark confidant so I have my BUG deck completed.

I jammed my modern deck against a few decks over the weekend, Splinter twin and a rogue lands brew running all the retrace stuff + burning vengeance. The twin matchup was pretty close (tested something like 10-12 games) and gets better after board with access to surgical extraction. Overall I was pretty surprised at how the deck fended off the combo menace.

End of the day the BUG brew is fun. Not tier 1 but it does do a pretty damn good job against Pod and holds up pretty well against Twin (60/40 in Twins favor G1, flip that for sideboarded games). RWU control is fun thanks to all the discard in the deck (inquisition + thoughtsieze + liliana + clique). My only issue was dealing with man lands and I've tossed in a few ghost quarters to deal with those. I might try to jam the deck for a modern GP in 2014. If not this, most likely jund or GW hexproof because I already have it built.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday this week.