Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 04-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #681
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?
Default Re: The Chronicles of Weazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia Jupe View Post
ok had to make sure i could make it down for the concert but i def will be in town so if the ticket still available i'd like to go
It is. I'll PM you my phone #.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Yeah, SRSLY. STFU and play your own match.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #682
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Cecilia Jupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike614 View Post
You refuse to play monoblack so I don't see how I can automatically interpret your questions as asking me what logic I'm using to justify Rietzl & sperling's card choices. I don't have to provide counter logic as to why dont we add more devour flesh because they already explained & justified the 2 2 1 split to Owen when they handed him the decklist.

4 Hero's downfall
2 ultimate price
2 devour flesh
1 doom blade

Hero's downfall is your swiss army knife. It kills everything you absolutely have to kill at a manacost premium. You want more removal to compliment your thoughtsieze & hit them with demon/spectre strategy, 2 mana removal also synergizes well with packrat to give you lethal on the critical turn.

see I don't even know what you're asking and now I'm rambling on. Devour flesh is unplayable garbage by itself. Standard right now is super low power, so it's like playing limited. The only reason you play 2 over more price & doom blade is it kills spectre, demon, stormbreath dragon, mana dudes, packrats, bloodbaron, frosterburn weird, and boros reckoner, with a condition that is only manageable in a deck with 7 other spot removal and 4 thoughtsieze : they can't have another creature in play. This is a card that needs serious support to be passable. If it wasn't for the fact that you can initiate races where they sacrifice creatures to push in damage against desecration demon, then target yourself and gain 7-8 life, I wouldn't even play it.

Remember how I refused to play the card in limited? Standard is like limited right now, and the reasons I hated it in draft remain the same. The logic used to justify it from the proponent parties is the same. They say it kills everything, I know it only kills the creature you want to kill the least and it gains them life as well, which is extremely relevant. Hero's downfall is the card that kills everything.

Anyway I just don't understand why you don't think you're in a position to make your own judgement, is the point. If you want to joust over whether devour flesh is a better pick in draft or a better card in standard than ultimate price I'm happy to joust but don't come wave Owen's success in my face as evidence of it being better just because I said it was worse. You're perfectly capable of looking at Rietzel's list, owen's, and the BW list with no nightveil spectre and deciding which one is better and why.
lol just found this for some reason. can i scoreboard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post
Stop being an ass.
Cecilia Jupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:02 AM   #683
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

My Morning Jacket show was great. 8/10. They nailed a cover of Purple Rain towards the end of the set. If you haven't seen them and are a fan, go. You won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #684
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Been a crazy couple of months.

Lost my grandfather in May. He was 80. Ex-Air Force guy that ended up starting his own construction and real estate company in the 70's. Worked his tail off and retired at 50. Lived the dream. After retiring he spent a lot of time golfing, fishing and hunting. He was an avid outdoorsman that taught me how to fish and hunt. The last time I saw him, back in February, he gave me his prized 30-30. The gun he shot his first deer with. I knew time was his enemy when he passed that gun to me. It was a sad day. He also taught me to garden. I used to help him tend an acre and a half tract he had when I was a kid. That man grew everything. Corn, green beans, squash, pumpkins, potatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, okra, and a bunch I'm sure I've forgotten by now. And he had a pretty weird, but damn if it didn't work, fertilizer method. That dude would get old nylons from my grandmother and her sisters and stuff them with carcasses of catfish / striped bass that he cleaned and lay that mess several inches under the soil before planting. Man, that garden would explode every damn time. He used to joke with me and my sister that he would plant us jellybean and marshmallow plants NEXT year, if we were good.

I miss that old cuss.

This week my fiancee moved in a lot of her stuff to my place. I've lived with girls before but not with a fiancee. I feel like everything is changing. For the better, for sure, but changing nonetheless. I haven't had a roommate or significant other living with me since I moved to Texas over 7 years ago. I got used to having a quiet house that was all mine. Well, guess that's changing, too. She has to finalize the sale of her house and will be moving the rest of her stuff end at the end of July. Kind of has my head spinning, but in a good way. She's not from Texas so I'm really looking forward to showing her around Houston and surrounding cities like Austin, San Antonio and New Orleans. Bonus: We both want to elope somewhere, most likely in the Caribbean, so we don't have to mess with planning a wedding. Just a sweet vacation / honeymoon and receptions in the cities where our parents live.

Man, life can be a roller coaster sometimes.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #685
blake31678
pitchslapped
ContributorModerator

blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?

Congratulations on everything with the fiancée, and condolences on the loss of your grandfather.
blake31678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #686
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

I'm in the wrong business. The markup on HVAC parts is beyond stupid.

Buying HVAC services should at least come with a reach around.

$8 capacitor? That'll be $100.

$350 coil? That'll be $1500.

The margins on parts is something I haven't seen in many other industries.

If I had the know how, I'd service my system myself. But you have to be licensed....damn gubbamint.

/expensive rant

Quote:
Old 07-22-2016, 05:22 PM   #687
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

That's most places. 6 pack of beer cost $5 from the distributor. Charge $6 per beer. Draft is even better.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:05 PM   #688
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
I'm in the wrong business. The markup on HVAC parts is beyond stupid.

Buying HVAC services should at least come with a reach around.

$8 capacitor? That'll be $100.

$350 coil? That'll be $1500.

The margins on parts is something I haven't seen in many other industries.

If I had the know how, I'd service my system myself. But you have to be licensed....damn gubbamint.

/expensive rant
I work as a handyman for a homeowners association. Part of my job is taking a good look at anything broken. Then I try to fix it, then if I can't I inform them. Then they get back to me and we all start calling companies and taking bids.

They had me look at an AC unit for the meeting building. That shit looked like a copper robot brain. Nope, not touching it. Got the guy to come out. High school dropout, chain pot smoker. 80k/year. All he did was change one part and one fuse. I think the bill was almost 2k.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #689
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Awesome court transcript (NSFW) turned into a Rick and Morty cartoon.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #690
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

Pretty fuckin funny. Here's the reddit post, wich has pictures of the judge/defendant. https://m.reddit.com/r/funny/comment...ick_and_morty/
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote