Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 12-18-2016, 03:14 PM   #771
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos
Default Re: The Chronicles of Weazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
We're doing it, boys! Forced Storm and got there!

NICE!

I was thinking about streaming some cube this week, just because the format's brokennnes feels like it should be shared with other people. I could try to Twitch, but I think Google Hangouts is better. Is everybody on that? add me athosthemusketeer@gmail.com if you'd want to watch any cubing over the next week (only until Dec 24th, then I'm headed to Costa Rica! Anybody been there? I need an activity/place to stay in the San Jose area).
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #772
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
THAT'S the p1p1 that you post?! There's a reason you call them the power 9, I take 8 over everything basically. I am still incredulous how often I get passed off-color moxen, I just take them every time. That's the easiest pick I've ever seen...I could be any colors and that's pack 3 and I take recall, period.
This is actually a different deck. Opened Recall P2P1 this go around. Got passed storm goodies (Yog Will, Turn About) late the in the draft. Rewarded for staying the course. This time.

I opened poop in P1, took a signet with my first pick for this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
Yeah, SRSLY. STFU and play your own match.

Last edited by Weazy; 12-18-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #773
wowhi
Acolyte

wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Side note- we all agree that the infect ban is become immmense, right?

If there is one anyway. It's definitely not warranted for powe level reasons. But wotc has moved to a more customer service based model where they listen to outcries instead of testing and seeing what's actually going on.
#TMS (Drew Iafrate, Mike Ciezneski, David Palmer group) are crying for Phyrexian mana ban because "become immense is no good without free spells" and "free spells are not fair". If you ban Become Immense, the UR Kiln Fiend deck will just be the new infect (which I think is fine), but they don't think that deck should exist either -_-

Trends show Become Immense ban though because there is precedence for Delve ban. Additionally, become immense rewards you for just playing the game of magic because it's basically two pump spells in one card while reducing in cost the more things you do.
wowhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:02 PM   #774
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Phrexian mana never should have happened but banning it all is so strong
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:30 PM   #775
wowhi
Acolyte

wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?wowhi , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Phrexian mana never should have happened but banning it all is so strong
it also gets rid of half the format.

Infect gets knocked down quite a few pegs.

UR Kiln Fiend is unplayable.
Death's Shadow is gone.
Storm gets hit hard (Gitaxian Probe Ban)
wowhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:34 PM   #776
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhi View Post
it also gets rid of half the format.

Infect gets knocked down quite a few pegs.

UR Kiln Fiend is unplayable.
Death's Shadow is gone.
Storm gets hit hard (Gitaxian Probe Ban)
\_(ツ)_/

I'm ok with these....but that's just me.

Would rather see immense get the hammer, personally.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #777
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazy View Post
We're doing it, boys! Forced Storm and got there!

I want to play this deck forever. It's so much damn fun. Only get to have three rounds with it.....sniff sniff

Quote:
Old 12-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #778
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

Oath in pack 1 is always fun, usually looks better than this by the end but I think I'll take it? You can take so much more fixing when you aren't taking any non-bomb creatures Tinker came p3p7 somehow (that late, people sometimes just don't have the artys for it), freakin saved the draft probably. I wish draft log worked for leagues, silliness.

Upheaval is so awesome, and I can cast all this shit eventually.

EDIT:
Won first 4 games, then lost 0-2 to storm...I said I didn't have sideboard, but I should have planned a deck for when I have to take Oath of Druids out...that was a frantic 2 minutes

Last edited by Athos; 12-19-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #779
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Oath in pack 1 is always fun, usually looks better than this by the end but I think I'll take it? You can take so much more fixing when you aren't taking any non-bomb creatures Tinker came p3p7 somehow (that late, people sometimes just don't have the artys for it), freakin saved the draft probably. I wish draft log worked for leagues, silliness.

Upheaval is so awesome, and I can cast all this shit eventually.

EDIT:
Won first 4 games, then lost 0-2 to storm...I said I didn't have sideboard, but I should have planned a deck for when I have to take Oath of Druids out...that was a frantic 2 minutes
I love me some oath. Best decks I've had it in is where I splashed for it in UB and had a lot of counters, tutors and removal.

Looks like that was fun to play.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #780
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

So I bought a new bowling ball yesterday. First one I've bought in about 20 years. I used to be in youth leagues back in the day and carried a pretty nice average. But I moved, got other interests and shelved all of my stuff. I want to get back into it but all my equipment is outdated.

Anyhew, I'm at the shop yesterday and I'm looking at this table that has 40 ish bowling balls on it. The guy points to one of them and goes "ooh, smell that one. It smell like birthday cake!".

Um, what the fuck? Smell the bowling ball?

Yeah! It's scented.

Ok.........holy shit. It smells like birthday cake.

They make scented bowling balls.

My new one smell like fucking doughnuts.

Mind. Blown.

Start inserting the 'smell my balls' jokes.......

Quote: