Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #1341
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Default Re: Berni for President

Just last night, Trump disavowed the alt right and any racists within his fanbase

Bannon changed the alt right label of himself in suit

People who voted republican as part of this new wave are also disavowing, claiming that there are two alt rights. One is the actual alt right, and the other is a few hundred to a few thousand new nazis that CNN is trying to claim every republican is a part of. I can't say I disagree with any of that at all.

I can't believe CNN gave a microphone to a guy who they reported said Jewish people were golems to "get his view"

And I found the video of the speech everybody is buzzing about. It's unreal. CNN had to lie about what an actual white nationalist said to make the situation seem worse. He said the liberal media is a bunch of cucks that do what they're told like a bunch of golemns. He didn't mention Jews at all.

CNN intentionally lied to make the situation seem worse, and then went so far as to interview one of these idiots instead of calling them an idiot and being done. Who is normalizing racism now?

Proof
https://youtu.be/1o6-bi3jlxk?t=29s

Last edited by skeletalpeacock; 11-23-2016 at 08:51 AM.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:49 AM   #1342
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveninghope View Post
re:racism in the electorate.

a guest on a recent episode of keepin it 1600 had a really good point that clinton lost a lot of states - and counties - that obama won. so it's possible that trump's milkshake is bringing all the racists to the yard, but it's also possible that clinton's campaign just didn't do a good job reaching out to white rural voters (which they didn't). i think this is less a comment that rust-belters are racist, so much as rust-belters think trump's going to bring their jobs back (which he's not). it's the economy, stupid.
I have a really good post a few back that goes into this with statistics.

Did you know Trump got 33% of the Hispanic vote? What a bunch of self-hating racists, am I right?
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:00 AM   #1343
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
I have a really good post a few back that goes into this with statistics.

Did you know Trump got 33% of the Hispanic vote? What a bunch of self-hating racists, am I right?
well, in fairness, lots of mexican and cuban americans hate latino immigrants in ways that white people couldn't imagine. its not that they're self hating, it's that they so strongly aspire to identify w/ being "american" that immigrants are "the other." but yes, there are plenty of hispanic americans that want to crack down on immigration. it's not just for whitey anymore!

Last edited by eveninghope; 11-23-2016 at 09:02 AM.
eveninghope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:23 AM   #1344
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Just last night, Trump disavowed the alt right and any racists within his fanbase

People who voted republican as part of this new wave are also disavowing, claiming that there are two alt rights. One is the actual alt right, and the other is a few hundred to a few thousand new nazis that CNN is trying to claim every republican is a part of. I can't say I disagree with any of that at all.

I can't believe CNN gave a microphone to a guy who they reported said Jewish people were golems to "get his view"

And I found the video of the speech everybody is buzzing about. It's unreal. CNN had to lie about what an actual white nationalist said to make the situation seem worse. He said the liberal media is a bunch of cucks that do what they're told like a bunch of golemns. He didn't mention Jews at all.

CNN intentionally lied to make the situation seem worse, and then went so far as to interview one of these idiots instead of calling them an idiot and being done. Who is normalizing racism now?

Proof

You'd expect this guy to be trying to capitalize on his new fame by visiting places likely to be sympathetic to his nazi views, right? Like a tour to bring some of the lost whites into the alt right fold. Wonder where he's going?

Oh, hey, Texas A&M seems like a good place to start!

http://m.thebatt.com/news/richard-sp....html?mode=jqm

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #1345
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Quote:

Proof
I'm so glad that now that the election is over, I don't have to be put in the position of defending CNN as a legitimate news source. I wish we could just take CNN and Fox news and put them next to each other so they annihilate like when pasta comes into contact with anti pasta
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #1346
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
You'd expect this guy to be trying to capitalize on his new fame by visiting places likely to be sympathetic to his nazi views, right? Like a tour to bring some of the lost whites into the alt right fold. Wonder where he's going?

Oh, hey, Texas A&M seems like a good place to start!

http://m.thebatt.com/news/richard-sp....html?mode=jqm

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hey, let's build a bonfire for the after party.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:44 AM   #1347
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Quote:
“If we want to have a white state, or a white community or a white homeland we should be able to have that,” Wiginton said. “We respect that for all people. If we look at the NAACP, black people have the right to have that. Why can’t white people have a WAACP?”
Jfc.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:27 AM   #1348
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:

It's kind of like when Obama spoke out against the violence of the Baltimore riots. It did not stop his critics from continuing to label him "the most divisive president in history." Minds are already made up and they won't change without action. Like if there was suddenly a directive to prosecute these harassment and vandalism issues as hate crimes that carry penalties which rival major crimes like black people possessing marijuana, then sure I'll go team Trump. But until then, we're wise to when politicians say stuff for optics and then not do anything.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #1349
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by /u/sharkington
~link~

There's a quote from some article that gets tossed around a lot which is something like "the trump detractors take him literally but not seriously, while the trump supporters take him seriously but never literally." I'm sure tons of people are sick of hearing that, but I think it's really important to understand.

If you're obsessed with picking apart policy decisions or trying to catch him in a lie, you're wasting your time, because that's never what this has been about.
I've thought for a long time that policy debates are honestly pretty worthless. I assume we've all read about the study which concluded that US policy decisions tend to be decided by the economic elite more so than any popular vote. What I don't understand is the willingness to compromise on elected officials if you already know your opinion on policy is worthless to them.

In my mind the most important thing in this election was for americans to take their voice back. Once you've done that, then you can start having the conversations that matter to you, but if you don't have a voice, nothing you say about policy matters, because it's all being decided well above you.

I think trump still probably feels good for a lot of people because they see him as this weird kind of radical centrist. He's not far right by any means, but he seems very willing to push and force through some common sense ideas that have been stuck in the identity politics bullshit of the past eight years.

A pretty decent example of this is his attitude towards lgbt people, I don't remember where but he had some rally where he spoke about making america safe for all americans, including lgbt people, the crowd responded with cheers, and he remarked how happy he was to see that from a republican crowd. Remember that this is a party who's demo loudly booed a US soldier for being openly gay just four years ago.

You've also got the somewhat famous picture of him holding out the rainbow flag, and saying that caitlyn jenner can use whatever bathroom she wants at trump tower. I think in this way he's stood up to establishment republicanism and dragged them by their ear into relevancy. For a long while the right has picked some really stupid hills to die on, and trump seems very motivated to end that behavior, I think his voters seem largely supportive of that.

So, overall, I'm basically saying that you kinda need to see the trees for the forest here. Examining the minutiae of every claim he's made won't be productive. I do understand the desire to be able to say "ha! You got conned! You got played! Look how quickly he's abandoned you!" But I think that's really just entirely missing the point.

One major statement has already been made, and if trumps entire presidency consists of nothing but centrist, reasonable policy with a bit of an emphasis on moving away from globalism and tightening up on illegal immigration, I think you'll find the vast majority of gop voters will feel they've got their votes worth

EDIT:

In the context of "How do Trump voters feel about Trump walking back some of his campaign policies / promises - this is well said and very true...

I am not excusing or validating his policies or actions, for the record

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

Last edited by JonasDash; 11-23-2016 at 11:22 AM.
JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:00 AM   #1350
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
This is well said and very true
While I don't disagree with all his points, the problem here is that this "softening" of extreme Republican positions has been happening for a while now, and it's been disingenuous. Like when the Supreme Court ruled on gay marriage, the hardline stance of "marriage should be between a man and a woman" softened to "I'm not saying that they shouldn't get married, I'm just saying it should be up to the states to decide." Re-positioning lgbt discrimination as religious liberty falls under this umbrella as well.

So while it's optimistic to think of Trump championing positions previously though untenable by the Republic party, I think this skirting-the-issue exchange from 60 Minutes is more representative of his position on these policies:

Quote:
“If [Roe v. Wade] ever were overturned, it would go back to the states,” Trump said.

Stahl followed up: “But then some women won’t be able to get an abortion?”

“Yeah, well, they’ll perhaps have to go — they’ll have to go to another state,” Trump said.

“And that’s okay?” Stahl asked.

Well, we’ll see what happens,” Trump said. “It’s got a long way to go.”