Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #1361
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennuistic View Post
State decision is a go-to euphemism. You should read it as: we believe the Federal Government does not have the power/authority to legislate this issue. Doing so would be an overreach under the Constitution.

The entire decided by states thing has been a staple since the founding of the government and the debates between the Federalists and Jefferson and the Democratic Republicans.

It's also been on the losing side of every Civil Rights issue since slavery.
Not to mention that it was the issue at the heart of the Civil War - states insisting they have the right to have legal human slavery, because the federal government didn't have authority to tell them no.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #1362
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennuistic View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...dd3_story.html

It's pretty much a buffet for the Republicans at this point.
This is surreal.

Quote:
DeVosís brother is Erik Prince, the founder of Blackwater, one of the most profitable private security firms during the Iraq War. Blackwater came under intense scrutiny after the companyís guards shot and killed 17 Iraqi civilians in Baghdad in 2007; four guards were convicted on charges related to the massacre. Prince has since left the company, which is now called Academi.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #1363
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binger View Post
Bro, you're just in the minority for a shitty state. Imagine being on the other side and having the federal gov telling you what to do.
The whole point is that it's a shitty hail Mary fallback position when rulings don't go their way. A lot of same sex opponents are also marijuana legalization opponents, and they point to federal rulings on whether states should be able to legalize it.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:56 PM   #1364
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Yeah, I don't know what you're specifically talking about. I click on TMZ threads out of habit. Sometimes people are just wrong.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #1365
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

You know, I woke up this morning and had some fresh coffee brewing while I scrambled some eggs and popped in some toast. The combined aroma was wonderful and it really cleared my head.

So I thought clearly about the future of America. And then it came to me. We need as many billionaires as possible to run the government within the best interests of our fellow common man.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Waldo_Demara
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #1366
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Step 1. Give me a billion dollars.

I'll run this government so fucking good, you guys will fucking literally jizz yourselves to death for all of eternity.

just as soon as I get that billion.

promise.

pinky promise.

To know me as hardly golden is to know me all wrong

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 04:43 PM   #1367
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

https://twitter.com/sansdn/status/801352254079045632
Old 11-23-2016, 06:20 PM   #1368
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
This is surreal.
Betsy DeVos seems like the most politically connected person imaginable considering, in addition to her brother's mercenary fortune, her husband's family founded Amway (one of the biggest pyram... I mean Multi Level Marketing Companies in the world) and she runs a lobbying firm. So about that who draining the swamp deal...
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:57 PM   #1369
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
Betsy DeVos seems like the most politically connected person imaginable considering, in addition to her brother's mercenary fortune, her husband's family founded Amway (one of the biggest pyram... I mean Multi Level Marketing Companies in the world) and she runs a lobbying firm. So about that who draining the swamp deal...
this is the sort of race-issue shit im concerned about. i feel like pro-school choice/pro-charter school people don't understand the realities of education issues for poor black and brown kids. like, sure it sounds like it should work, but it definitely does not measurably improve education and just diverts funding from programs directed toward poor kids.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:28 AM   #1370
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveninghope View Post
...and just diverts funding from programs directed toward poor kids.
That's the point
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote