Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #1401
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

maybe another manifestation of his ego?

in his mind, being a successful businessman is the highest qualification there is.

still don't know how that rationalizes the rick perry pick though. could be pressure from tillerson and/or the energy lobby to appoint someone like perry who will dismantle regulations and (unfriendly?) subsidies.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #1402
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
In case you don't believe me when I say the FBI still sees no connection from Russia to Trump, try these newer ones
I haven't yet read this entire article, which is supposed to be the good investigative piece we've needed for a long time on this issue. The first 2 paragraphs suggests the FBI suspected Russian involvement 15 months ago (obv not the same thing as suspecting a Trump connection, which is unlikely to ever be proven - but solid evidence of Russian hacking which favored him is more than close enough to disrupt his agenda). Would appreciate your thoughts after reading since you've swum around in the muck of the conspiracy nuts more than anyone else I know.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/13...c.html?referer
Old 12-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #1403
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Added to the reading list.

In the meantime, - quick comment

How exactly is Rex Tillerson going to partner with Putin and make a bundle on arctic drilling rights when it costs 80USD to extract arctic oil before transportation and sells for 40USD ?

The forecasts don't even make sense on 30 year intervals, and I've never heard of a play that lasts over 30 years without something crazy being developed like fracturing, and even then it's really drilling the same hole twice

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Waldo_Demara
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #1404
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:

How exactly is Rex Tillerson going to partner with Putin and make a bundle on arctic drilling rights when it costs 80USD to extract arctic oil before transportation and sells for 40USD ?

The forecasts don't even make sense on 30 year intervals, and I've never heard of a play that lasts over 30 years without something crazy being developed like fracturing, and even then it's really drilling the same hole twice
Isn't the "simple" answer to just raise the price of the oil >80USD bbl?

Obviously -- you can't just raise the price, but as Secretary of State our foreign policy could be slanted towards events that would raise the prices

Putin and Tillerson both profit if oil prices go up.

Last edited by Ophidian; 12-13-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Ophidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:42 PM   #1405
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
This is fucking terrifying. When you do the right thing and tell the IT department about a suspicious email and still end up phished.

Quote:
“This is a legitimate email,” Charles Delavan, a Clinton campaign aide, replied to another of Mr. Podesta’s aides, who had noticed the alert. “John needs to change his password immediately.”

With another click, a decade of emails that Mr. Podesta maintained in his Gmail account — a total of about 60,000 — were unlocked for the Russian hackers. Mr. Delavan, in an interview, said that his bad advice was a result of a typo: He knew this was a phishing attack, as the campaign was getting dozens of them. He said he had meant to type that it was an “illegitimate” email, an error that he said has plagued him ever since.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #1406
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

Quote:

Thanks to climate change, the arctic ice cap will have open shipping routes year-round in a decade or so, so transport will become a lot cheaper in the near future.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #1407
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Is it too late to get a 3rd term outta Barry?
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #1408
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennuistic View Post
Thanks to climate change, the arctic ice cap will have open shipping routes year-round in a decade or so, so transport will become a lot cheaper in the near future.
That has already occurred to an extent that matters is is incorporated into the cost

You can get around there with a conventional icebreaker these days instead of specialty shit

And that still brings it down to 75-80 plus boat shipping costs

Old 12-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #1409
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

Obviously an endless list of ways Trump and Tillerson and their friends could profit from manipulating policy, so speculating on what exactly they might have in mind is pointless. Almost as pointless as trying to divine what the price of oil will be in 3 years.

Did anyone in 2013 really expect to have $40/barrel crude in 2016? Bush/Cheney/Rice/Wolfowitz/Fahd showed how easy it was to drive prices up via foreign policy.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:35 PM   #1410
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
I haven't yet read this entire article, which is supposed to be the good investigative piece we've needed for a long time on this issue. The first 2 paragraphs suggests the FBI suspected Russian involvement 15 months ago (obv not the same thing as suspecting a Trump connection, which is unlikely to ever be proven - but solid evidence of Russian hacking which favored him is more than close enough to disrupt his agenda). Would appreciate your thoughts after reading since you've swum around in the muck of the conspiracy nuts more than anyone else I know.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/13...c.html?referer
That article delivered. It hit everything and from a good impartial look. It's also one of the few articles I've seen in the last few that mentions fancy bear and cozy bear, and the only one that goes on to mention that are distinct entities

I give it like a 95/100 for informing the public. I just have nit picks.

It didn't mention Trumps Russian server connection, probably because that's been debunked. But debunked stuff should be mentioned in the interest of neutrality. Along the same lines, it was not public knowledge that Podesta was phished until it was exposed by Wikileaks emails. And it's only recently that we have been informed the perpetrators were certainly Russian.

It should also have been mentioned that Wikileaks emails are 100% real, instead of just mentioning that Guccifer was half fake and half real.

I have never heard anything about the Sanders campaign having early leaks and would love to see a source on that.

It should be mentioned that the DNC leaks directly implicated Donna in cheating in the primaries. Why focus on one random lady who said she didn't respect Hillarys judgement instead? That's a sketchy choice.

And I think that's it.