Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #1411
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Default Re: Berni for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Obviously an endless list of ways Trump and Tillerson and their friends could profit from manipulating policy, so speculating on what exactly they might have in mind is pointless. Almost as pointless as trying to divine what the price of oil will be in 3 years.

Did anyone in 2013 really expect to have $40/barrel crude in 2016? Bush/Cheney/Rice/Wolfowitz/Fahd showed how easy it was to drive prices up via foreign policy.
Plausible of course.

I'll try to make a list of what things need to changed to allow oil to get there again. Then over time we can look back and revolt if they all start happening or something, idk.

I can say with certainty right now that OPEC cutting production is step one, and the meeting announcing plans for that happened weeks ago. Whether or not they actually follow through is up in the air.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #1412
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
I can say with certainty right now that OPEC cutting production is step one, and the meeting announcing plans for that happened weeks ago. Whether or not they actually follow through is up in the air.
Can't believe it's taken so long for OPEC to get its act together and start acting like a cartel again. (Aside about cartels: google maple syrup cartel. I read an awesome article over the weekend about how the fucking Canadians are responsible for me paying so much for maple syrup, but much like petroleum, the U.S. is on the verge of screwing up their grip on the market.)

Their power has certainly waned with all of the U.S. domestic expansion, so maybe they felt like it would be pointless to cut production if the U.S. could just fill the gap. I know the Saudis have been hurting thanks to the low prices, so maybe they couldn't bear the thought of even lower revenues.

Maybe they know something we don't know - wouldn't it be something if Trump instituted policies that actually limited domestic production?
Old 12-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #1413
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

I think US production has to be limited for the price to really go up a lot.Our world market share has grown so high with unconventionals that OPEC is a shadow of its former self, even with them finally agreeing to do something
Old 12-13-2016, 06:56 PM   #1414
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Oh and try reading about the Chinese counterfeit honey industry cartel next
Old 12-13-2016, 11:14 PM   #1415
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Back to the election, I can still find some prominent sources claiming the DNC leak was an inside job. The most important of whom is Craig Murray, who had direct access to the Wikileaks source and raises his concerns and disputes over the Russian's involvement on his personal blog

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cra...?client=safari

Obviously, conspiracy theorists have connected this to Seth Rich. I've got to say, having the DNC data director get gunned down and "robbed" by robbers who left all valuables on his person is pretty fishy. The timing was also insanely relevant.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #1416
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/13/after...ct-to-jfk.html

of course! why didn't i see the resemblance before?
Old 12-13-2016, 11:34 PM   #1417
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

I saw that one earlier and considered posting but it's just too ridiculous

That's just Gates buttering up things with the impending administration so he can freely run his new government independent climate change fighting think tank/ research facility and potentially lobby them through it down the road

No chance he's serious/sincere
Old 12-14-2016, 12:52 AM   #1418
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Good, accurate, quick little blurb by the Houston chronicle on immediate oil futures

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/busi...p?t=82c1e59904
Old 12-14-2016, 07:12 AM   #1419
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Back to the election, I can still find some prominent sources claiming the DNC leak was an inside job. The most important of whom is Craig Murray, who had direct access to the Wikileaks source and raises his concerns and disputes over the Russian's involvement on his personal blog

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cra...?client=safari

Obviously, conspiracy theorists have connected this to Seth Rich. I've got to say, having the DNC data director get gunned down and "robbed" by robbers who left all valuables on his person is pretty fishy. The timing was also insanely relevant.
Murray's writing comes off as a little unhinged, but his point about trusting the CIA is legitimate - they're not known for being devoted to the truth. Still, to argue that it must be wrong because no one has been arrested dishonestly ignores the reality of how the CIA works; they're not a criminal justice organization. They don't care about catching bad guys, they care about spying. Their evidence isn't generally admissible in court and they wouldn't want it to be used in court.

The "evidence" I have is that the timing of the releases and the one-sided nature of the leaks makes Wikileaks seem pretty suspect in this entire ordeal - everything else is by its nature a 'trust me' proposition. Yeah, I know, they can only publish what they're given, so it's not their fault that they never got anything from the GOP or Trump, but that's pretty far-fetched.

Assange has his agenda and it's not merely to be a place where leakers can safely turn to get materials disseminated; hacks aren't the same thing as leaks, and it's convenient for Murray to insist that the DNC emails came from a leaker, not a hack because that would make Wikileaks' role in this look more clean. It's also pretty funny that he says you can't take the CIA at its word because their opinion isn't substantiated (as if the CIA ever released its sources) while we're supposed to believe his self-seeking claim about meeting the leaker similarly without substantiation.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #1420
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/

so super wealthy white dudes are going to be fiscally conservative by default, but these names are wayyyy less bonkers than some of the other people trump keeps close.