Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #1441
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Default Re: Berni for President

I was with him until he said Russia has other leakers so he isn't Neves art in that market

Good lord lol

The other thing is that rich Americans are more organized than he implies and the balance is obviously tipped toward change from them will fuck us

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Waldo_Demara
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:44 AM   #1442
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

One thing from that article I hadn't considered was that maybe Assange just did this out of a personal vendetta against Hillary without help from the Russians. He hates her for what she did to Manning, she'd have him face the same fate if she could, and his defense of Trump is weak. Trump is surrounded by people other than the current power structure? What a joke. His cabinet is just all the biggest republican donors. All the establishment's wildest dreams are going to come true and we're going to privatize our schools, build toll roads everywhere with tax dollars, lower capital gains taxes and corporate taxes even further and figure out how to pay for that when all the old fucks in charge are dead.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #1443
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN14I1TY

First trickle of consequences for Russian intervention into the US election. I'm pretty sure the "deep investigation" ordered by Obama a few weeks ago doesn't complete until ~ 1/10, but maybe some advance reports from that investigation fueled this decision.

Either way, looking forward to seeing what, if any, information from that investigation will be made available to the American public. If the evidence is damning enough, I imagine it would significantly alter the Trump presidency's foreign policy plans with Russia.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #1444
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennuistic View Post
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN14I1TY

First trickle of consequences for Russian intervention into the US election. I'm pretty sure the "deep investigation" ordered by Obama a few weeks ago doesn't complete until ~ 1/10, but maybe some advance reports from that investigation fueled this decision.

Either way, looking forward to seeing what, if any, information from that investigation will be made available to the American public. If the evidence is damning enough, I imagine it would significantly alter the Trump presidency's foreign policy plans with Russia.

Not sure if I can get on-board with this. Has Trump deviated from his game plan in the face of criticism? (No troll-o)

Last edited by Ophidian; 12-30-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Ophidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #1445
blake31678
pitchslapped
ContributorModerator

blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?

I'm still just pissed off he never released his tax returns. And I'm pissed off that more people aren't pissed off about that, when they're probably the same people who had their pitchforks ready for Obama's birth certificate...
blake31678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:30 PM   #1446
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

It sucks so much that it went down this way

The people wanted change

And so desperately, that they voted for anybody claiming to offer it

Trump plainly cranking the corruption up to 11

So many Icelanders asked me what I thought of Trump. I finally settled on this. "You have to hit rock bottom before you can come back up".

Old 12-30-2016, 02:35 PM   #1447
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

I think it's pretty ironic that the most immediate test facing a Trump presidency is on foreign policy, considering his focus during his campaign was on the homefront.

The entire situation with Russia has resulted in a lot of bipartisan push-back on his agenda (particularly with his nomination for Sec. State). Another event that received slightly less coverage was the US's refusal to veto a recent UN resolution that illegalized Israeli settlements. Trump was no less critical of this Obama position than of the Russia decision, and I fully expect that UN resolution to have little to no practical authority seeing how gung-ho Trump is about supporting Israel.

I think it will be particularly instructive of the kinds of risks Trump is willing to take with political capital. If he balks with Russia in the face of political pressure while reversing the stance on Israel, at least then he would be a malleable ideologue.

The Israel situation is nuts too - Netenyahu's argument seems to be that because the withdrawal from the Gaza Strip didn't result in improved Israeli-Palestinian relations, withdrawal of other existing settlements or ceasing plans for new settlements would also not improve the situation AND are therefore justifiable.

I don't think any other political party currently has the power to oppose Netenyahu's position, but their position may improve if the new criminal investigation into Netenyahu's accumulation of wealth during political office turns up something substantial.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #1448
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

A kernel of hope appears

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/03/508043...ntent=20170103

Old 01-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #1449
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
WTF is #DTS? Please don't tell me it's Donald Trump says....
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #1450
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
WTF is #DTS? Please don't tell me it's Donald Trump says....
I assume it means Drain The Swamp, whatever that means anymore.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote