Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #1451
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Default Re: Berni for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
I assume it means Drain The Swamp, whatever that means anymore.
It's simple

We rid ourselves of corrupt politicians with corporate ties.

Then we directly give those same corporate leaders that they had suspicious ties to power!

We drain the swamp of middle men! It's good for business! MAGA!
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:21 AM   #1452
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
WTF is #DTS? Please don't tell me it's Donald Trump says....
Down to suck?

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:27 AM   #1453
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

I spent the better part of 2 years confused about DWTS being about some dancing competition on tv and not about the Disturbed song

The match of the century, absence versus thin air

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #1454
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Let's see if Cruz can hold on to his dignity for longer than two months this time.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:32 PM   #1455
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
Old 01-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #1456
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Pretty bare bones stuff

Frankly, I still see this as a deflection

Red scare mode is a cute trick for hiding things like how the Democratic Party has lost contact with the common voter as Bernie says, or how petty and stupid the DNC acts internally, or how Hillary didn't represent a change from the norm like trump and Bernie, and how Bernie never had a shot, and I could go on.

So many things influenced this election. And every country with a decent GDP tries to influence the US elections every time. Hell, bitching about influencing elections is really rich coming from the USA at all if you know anything about CIA history.

It's so disingenuous to pin this entirely on Russian interference, or even a major part of this frankly. Multiple reports out of the Obama administration itself said that the Russian interference was not a major factor. Feel free to look up those headlines and reports.

There is still nothing good suggesting a trump Russia connection, and frankly stronger evidence connects Hillary to Saudi Arabia which is really funny. Makes the democrats look really hypocritical after this election cycle full of Hillary accusations that didn't pan out.

Ultimately, the Democratic Party won't change at all and will keep losing because of it. It's a shame that this Russian thing is sticking. I can already tell midterms are fucked too. No change, all blame on Russia.

Also as far as I can tell, Hillary funneled a lot of money set for confessional races into her own campaign, and although it was paid back, it was too late to fully help those races. She deserves direct blame for losses in close elections.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #1457
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Pretty bare bones stuff

Frankly, I still see this as a deflection

Red scare mode is a cute trick for hiding things like how the Democratic Party has lost contact with the common voter as Bernie says, or how petty and stupid the DNC acts internally, or how Hillary didn't represent a change from the norm like trump and Bernie, and how Bernie never had a shot, and I could go on.

So many things influenced this election. And every country with a decent GDP tries to influence the US elections every time. Hell, bitching about influencing elections is really rich coming from the USA at all if you know anything about CIA history.

It's so disingenuous to pin this entirely on Russian interference, or even a major part of this frankly. Multiple reports out of the Obama administration itself said that the Russian interference was not a major factor. Feel free to look up those headlines and reports.

There is still nothing good suggesting a trump Russia connection, and frankly stronger evidence connects Hillary to Saudi Arabia which is really funny. Makes the democrats look really hypocritical after this election cycle full of Hillary accusations that didn't pan out.

Ultimately, the Democratic Party won't change at all and will keep losing because of it. It's a shame that this Russian thing is sticking. I can already tell midterms are fucked too. No change, all blame on Russia.

Also as far as I can tell, Hillary funneled a lot of money set for confessional races into her own campaign, and although it was paid back, it was too late to fully help those races. She deserves direct blame for losses in close elections.
so i appreciate your skepticism here, but what i push back on is whether this is a big deal or not. i agree with a lot of your counterpoints in that they are factually true, e.g. CIA fucking with other countries' elections, etc, but i disagree that all of that should take away from support for there being a thorough investigation of the incident(s) and more protection from it.

did it cost hillary the election? there were certainly things outside of this she could have done differently, and certainly things that are out of her control, but there is evidence that the revelations from the hacking correlated with her favorablity rating, so it certainly may have had *some* effect.

i think the US is well within its rights to not want their elections fucked with by the russians,. given the history and the current state of affairs, you can say that russia is an existential threat to america, the american way of life, and order in the global community. (maybe there are other arguments as to why russia is out enemy, but this one seems to make the most sense). are the dems and the cia hypocrites? certainly, but i still dont think that should take away from national concern about this issue specifically.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #1458
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

By all means run a full investigation

Just don't sit on it as an excuse to avoid change, and don't pretend getting phished and having your passwords all be the word "password" means an elite hacker got you

In other words take some blame
Old 01-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #1459
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
By all means run a full investigation

Just don't sit on it as an excuse to avoid change, and don't pretend getting phished and having your passwords all be the word "password" means an elite hacker got you

In other words take some blame
Is this like telling rape victims to drink less and button up their petticoat? Bad decisions shouldn't lessen the impact of the shitty thing that happened to you.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #1460
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
Is this like telling rape victims to drink less and button up their petticoat? Bad decisions shouldn't lessen the impact of the shitty thing that happened to you.
Wuts a petticoat?
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote