Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #471
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

i read a really good op/ed from a liberal journalist who i really like regarding the "yelling" issue. his basic conclusion was that yes, it's probably sexist, but it may be a problem for enough people that she should look into figuring it out. i wish i could find this one for you.

in an article on vox, ezra klein made the excellent point that hillary has been attacked for so long - by the right, by the media - that she's gotten maybe a bit... lazy? when it comes to dealing with things she perceives as non-issues. she's had to do it for so long and it just never goes away, so why even bother. if it's not the pantsuits, its the hair, or now it's the voice. it's just always something.

also, i saw this earlier and am throwing it in because it's funny and relevant and clearly hyperbolic.

Last edited by eveninghope; 07-29-2016 at 01:44 PM.
eveninghope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #472
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Who doesn't love balloons!?!?

I take it as - it's Hillary's night and she has another guy (Kaine) to stand next to, so he had to do something other than just stand there beaming.
and the dozing off and zoned out / facial paralysis he exhibited?

Quote:
My fiance' asked last night if he turned into a big drinker - what's up with his red nose?

maybe his dementia makes him think he's Patch Adams

To know me as hardly golden is to know me all wrong

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #473
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Emojis or you're a stone cold bitch!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Waldo_Demara
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:09 PM   #474
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
I wanna bust all your balloons

I wanna burn all of your cities to the ground

I've been listening to this song on repeat since this morning
Old 07-29-2016, 04:23 PM   #475
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
I've been listening to this song on repeat since this morning
Your Honor, my client, Mr. Popper was very specific on several key points.

If I may,

1) the hook will bring you back
2) he is not lying
3) you can rely on said previous statements

I believe it is only right that you see that this presents a preponderance of evidence and find in his favor.

Wagers

Old 07-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #476
Ophidian
I'm always angry
Repeat Contributor

Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?Ophidian , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDash View Post
Your Honor, my client, Mr. Mix-a-Lot was very specific on several key points.

If I may,

1) He likes big butts and he cannot lie
2) You other brothers cannot deny
3) When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get sprung

I believe it is only right that you see that this presents a preponderance of evidence and find in his favor.
Got you back, baby
Old 08-02-2016, 08:17 PM   #477
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

https://www.reddit.com/r/DonaldandHobbes?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Waldo_Demara
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #478
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

that is a quality subreddit indeed!

Wagers

Old 08-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #479
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
If two people tell me they really think trump can get elected and make some crazy radical policy that sticks, I will vote Hillary unless evidence surfaces that she's an actual murderer or something.
I know you've stated you've decided on this, but this was my two off the top of my head:
#1: Supreme Court nominations. (Well said Chad!)
#2: Missing any existing NATO commitments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Yeah don't stress it Tguns. I'm gonna grit my teeth and vote Hillary because so many people are telling me a third party vote is too dangerous this go-around that I have to assume I'm wrong.
If all you're going to do is go to the ballot box and cast a vote, you have to play the game as it is. Game theory wise, under the current US system, a vote for any 3rd party is simply boosting the signal of everyone else who votes Democrat or Republican.

If you want to actually change the system, the national ballot box isn't the way to do it. The way to change the system is to get out there and organize, and support others who do the same. That's worked many many times in US history, and it will many times more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
I read Hillary's speech (thanks, Peacock, for the annotated link) and it wasn't a bad speech. I just don't think she can deliver the same way that say Ann Richards could. It's frustrating to me, because I think she could do so much better--and if she did, she would utterly crush T-Rump (who also can't deliver a speech).
Glad there's a Texan who hasn't forgotten her. Here's my prop bet:

By the 2040 Presidential election, there will be at least one Presidential election where a plurality of Texans will vote for a Democratic presidential candidate.

Also, r.e lawn signs: Austin is hardly alone in Texas. Out of the 25 largest cities in the US, six are in Texas. Five of those six voted for Obama in 2012.

Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:38 PM   #480
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
I know you've stated you've decided on this, but this was my two off the top of my head:
#1: Supreme Court nominations. (Well said Chad!)
#2: Missing any existing NATO commitments.

If all you're going to do is go to the ballot box and cast a vote, you have to play the game as it is. Game theory wise, under the current US system, a vote for any 3rd party is simply boosting the signal of everyone else who votes Democrat or Republican.

If you want to actually change the system, the national ballot box isn't the way to do it. The way to change the system is to get out there and organize, and support others who do the same. That's worked many many times in US history, and it will many times more.

Glad there's a Texan who hasn't forgotten her. Here's my prop bet:

By the 2040 Presidential election, there will be at least one Presidential election where a plurality of Texans will vote for a Democratic presidential candidate.

Also, r.e lawn signs: Austin is hardly alone in Texas. Out of the 25 largest cities in the US, six are in Texas. Five of those six voted for Obama in 2012.
Better check your facts. El paso is in Mexico.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote