Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2016, 06:44 AM   #81
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?
Default Re: Berni for President

Got a bunch of Bernie supporters on facebook and recently seeing a few Dear Hillary posts pop up in my feed. Look, if you're dissatisfied, feel free to do whatever you want with your vote: vote for Trump, don't vote, throw it away. The only thing that really bothers me is when they try and justify it by declaring they're willing to suffer for the revolution or chaos is needed to start over, etc. Lol stop it.

By and large, we're not talking about people in any immediate danger of being deported, losing out on benefits when they're not allowed to marry, risking their health by not having any coverage, or miss out on basic rights for decades if conservatives are called on to fill the Supreme Court spots. We're talking about people who will get on just fine regardless of who's president and at worst minorly inconvenienced by having a head of state with whom they don't agree with or pay a little more for taxes and stuff.

Acting like they're some self-immolating monk...shut up.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:47 AM   #82
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

I thought Bernie was the best candidate but he lost, it's over, and Hillary is clearly the lesser of two evils here.

Hillary has done some shady things and generally acted like you would expect a politician to for most of her career, sure, but that's because she is a politician. Wanting Trump to be president instead is like saying "I don't trust lawyers, so I'm going to have my uncle Donnie represent me in court because he tells it like it is". The next 4-8 years of your life might be shitty as a result of that decision.

Also, if you live in Texas, the only way your presidential vote can even remotely matter is if you vote for a third party, so Gary Johnson or Jill Stein, take your pick.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #83
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Shave 10 years off your age THEN imagine your feed

It's not really navigable anymore

Everybody is going to love to Canada and make great sacrifices and crucify themselves and so on

Fucking come on...

Worst case scenario is trump and he won't get any of that shit passed lol

I left off Hillarys women's rights stuff and some of her other social activism because I was listing her appeal to me.

I also want to point out that although I diverge slightly from the norm I am still pretty much millennial in my views. I do remember a time I'm my life without internet but just barely. The fact that so much of my life and so much of how I interact with people is internet based is why I(we) take any misgiving from a leader concerning digital communications so seriously.

Disruption or poor handling due to not fully understanding those things at a high level could radically change our (obviously superficial) way of life and social schema. No shit we won't die, or even be hurt really, but the common thought is less about it being a huge inconvenience if some wonky internet based laws get passed and more about free speech.

That is first and foremost because the most common way to express oneself in my age bracket is the internet. Secondly, nobody has ever the constitution so they don't really understand what free speech right means lol. Anyway, that's why all the kids are always bitching on Reddit about free speech and censorship when politicians do dumb things with Internet and moderators ban their racism or sexism or whatever. You don't have the agree with it( and you shouldn't because that is not what free speech means lol) but at least you can understand where people come from when they act that way.

On a more serious note- Twitter and Facebook are big and real deals for activism. And if you see somebody talking about how Internet search results about a candidate or general news topic have been altered, take notice. Due to this age group, Internet search results for a candidate have been proven to swing elections by as much as 25%. Hence the practice of "Google bombing".

http://searchcrm.techtarget.com/definition/Google-bomb
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #84
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
It's not so much that I have no problem with it, it's that it's unavoidable under our current system and to think otherwise is either unreasonable or naive.
You're willing to accept that money in politics is unavoidable, but are somehow outraged when people bring up e-mails or Benghazi? If you recognize the inevitability of the system, you don't get to complain about the parts you don't like.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #85
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
Shave 10 years off your age THEN imagine your feed

It's not really navigable anymore

Everybody is going to love to Canada and make great sacrifices and crucify themselves and so on

Fucking come on...
I'm trying to remember what my Xanga feed was like.

Unfollow unfollow unfollow unfollow unfollow until my feed is all kittens vs bunnies.

Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:06 AM   #86
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post

Unfollow unfollow unfollow unfollow unfollow until my feed is all kittens vs bunnies.
Angst. Neon-font, black-background filled pages of angst.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #87
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post

Damn. Sick upgrades.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #88
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennuistic View Post
You're willing to accept that money in politics is unavoidable, but are somehow outraged when people bring up e-mails or Benghazi? If you recognize the inevitability of the system, you don't get to complain about the parts you don't like.
Yeah, cutting out the "current system" from my statement about campaign finance actually matters. It's crucial to my point, in fact. The current system was created because of who is on the Supreme Court. Electing Trump would guarantee more of the same. That's one of the reasons why not letting him win matters to everyone, whether they are aware or not.

Also, I'm not sure where you got outrage from me re: emails or Benghazi; I'm more curious why people who aren't typically Fox News customer types would fall for the Fox News narrative on those topics.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #89
eveninghope
Ms. Jackson if ya nasty

eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?eveninghope , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarusl View Post
Also, I'm not sure where you got outrage from me re: emails or Benghazi; I'm more curious why people who aren't typically Fox News customer types would fall for the Fox News narrative on those topics.
but but... vince foster...
Old 06-10-2016, 01:14 PM   #90
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Bilderburg conference and bohemian grove.

Need I say more?