Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2016, 06:47 AM   #971
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Default Re: Berni for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveninghope View Post
i wonder why this is. i have a very good friend here who is a trump supporter, but he's very, very well educated and british. so we have really interesting conversations. but anytime we're talking with other people, it's a mess or like, boils down to oneupsmanship. i think a lot of people just sort of stick to their talking points and their cocktail party one-liners that they heard from some pundit once, instead of really trying to understand what the other person is saying. and people from different sides of the aisle can't even agree on facts and reality, which fucking blows my mind.
I have wasted too much time trying to figure out why this is, only to give up and stick to the adages of F.O.R.D. and R.A.P.E. until I can break into a smaller group and give a deeper discussion a try.

For the unaware,

Ford is good topics- family occupation recreation dreams

Rape is bad topics- religion abortion politics economics
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:08 AM   #972
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.

This is all pretty hypocritical, from an objective standpoint right? The democrats get caught rigging primaries and therefore influencing the election, then complain about how Russia is influencing the election by exposing them?

On top of that, we have documents showing Hillary taking more money from sketchy countries than we speculate Trump may have taken from Russia even though none his deal attempts resulted in anything. But Hillary doesn't count as having Moroccan or Saudi Arabian business ties somehow.

Hypocrisy like that is what really makes me question this more than anything else.

For point 1- I guess you could say that Republicans probably cheat just as hard but only DNC stuff has been leaked, so it doesn't count as fair exposure.

For point 2- I got nothing to refute it
Old 11-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #973
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
This is all pretty hypocritical, from an objective standpoint right? The democrats get caught rigging primaries and therefore influencing the election, then complain about how Russia is influencing the election by exposing them?
I think you choose to read more into the emails re: DNC favoritism than is really there. Hillary naturally had deeper ties to the DNC than Bernie did; Bernie wasn't even a fucking Democrat until just before he decided to run for President, while Hillary (and Bill) have been deeply involved with the party organization for decades now. Of course their people are in high ranking roles.

Running for office isn't done in a vacuum; Bernie supporters who expected something to the contrary aren't being realistic. Successful candidates build organizations for years, putting together support they can tap into. To then call that work rigging an election is ridiculous and reflects the fact that many of them are new to the process. They haven't paid attention to politics their entire lives and then want it to work according to their preferences rather than according to reality. We don't live in a world where a computer analyzes the 2 best candidates and spits out an objective choice of who is best.

In addition to being a late-to-the-party Democrat, Bernie also wasn't widely considered a real contender at first, and I would speculate that there was both conscious and subconscious bias against him among the people who work for the DNC as a result of those factors.

Russia, on the other hand, is one of 2 foreign nations that pose a realistic threat to the U.S. The idea that Russia might be meddling with an election with an eye toward trying to get one candidate in particular elected is terrifying - whether it's because they see Trump as weak and easily manipulated, or because Trump is beholden to them, is mostly irrelevant. I don't think anyone actually thinks Trump is a literal Siberian Candidate, but it is odd that he's the only GOP candidate I can think of who hasn't framed Russia as the enemy.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #974
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
By three I'm sure they meant 650,000
I have to wonder why that many emails were on a machine that they "just learned about". That volume almost hast to be some kind of server... so is there a secret republican email server? oooooo. How many of those 65k emails actually have anything to do with HRC? The FBI has to scan them to even get to that point. There's a lot of noise, but I seriously doubt they'll find anything new or newsworthy.

Quote:
Ultimately, Im sure nobody can believe how unfair it is that a presidential candidate under an FBI investigation is having that FBI investigation interfere with the election.
Yeah, ultimately that falls on the DNC for picking a candidate under active investigation. Pretty silly, really. Of course, Trump is *also* under various active investigations and lawsuits.

Quote:
Oh and bonus- podesta 24 has Donna feeding Hillary multiple primary debate questions. Red-fucking handed!
Well... that reflects on CNN and Donna. CNN, for hiring a person actively working for a campaign (she's not the only one; they also hired members of Republican campaigns). Donna, for being an idiot and violating ethical rules. I really don't expect the HRC campaign staff to tell the media "Hey, someone told us this might be asked."

I'm willing to bet that the Republican hires at CNN are now scurrying to cover their own communications... unless they were just smart enough to pick up the telephone rather than send an email... I mean seriously, Donna. WTF.

sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #975
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

To be fair to Comey, he was screwed either way. He either says something now and gets yelled at for revealing it before the election... or he sits on it and says something after the election and gets yelled at for not saying anything.

He could, in theory, tell various committee heads in Congress. I think we all know how long *that* would stay secret, though.

He made his choice and said something now.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #976
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage.sam View Post
I have to wonder why that many emails were on a machine that they "just learned about". That volume almost hast to be some kind of server... so is there a secret republican email server? oooooo. How many of those 65k emails actually have anything to do with HRC? The FBI has to scan them to even get to that point. There's a lot of noise, but I seriously doubt they'll find anything new or newsworthy.
Peacock is trolling, we don't know how many emails were on Abedin's computer but the 650k number is likely something he pulled from stories about the Clinton server.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #977
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
To be fair to Comey, he was screwed either way. He either says something now and gets yelled at for revealing it before the election... or he sits on it and says something after the election and gets yelled at for not saying anything.

He could, in theory, tell various committee heads in Congress. I think we all know how long *that* would stay secret, though.

This is why he fucked up by talking to Congress about an in-progress investigation the way he did previously. That's against FBI protocol for lots of reasons - one of which is it creates an expectation of updates on every new development, however minor.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #978
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

I think we can all agree that Comey is done and any further attempt to do much of anything will be twisted by both sides into whatever best fits their agenda

Right now he's a Republican hero and the most unethical man ever and a Russian shill to the dems

When he first said Hillary wasn't guilty, he was a paid puppet shill for correct the record to the republicans and a hero to the democrats

It's kind of pathetic all around. I think it's just as easy as Tracy said. He made one mistake and now it's had these profound ripple effects in such a way that he can't possibly emerge looking good. Shoot, we're even hearing from both sides of the aisle that FBI is rife with insubordination right now. Quite the fuck up, for a seemingly innocuous beginning of saying one thing he shouldn't have.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #979
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

Quote:

The buzz on the Weiner files(lol) is that there will be something in there that violates an immunity deal of somebody close to Hillary. This is because some of the emails on his PC were Humas.

650,000 emails- source is the FBI

Via Wall Street journal and Washington post

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...?client=safari

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.c...?client=safari

" The latest development began in early October when New York-based FBI officials notified Andrew McCabe, the bureauís second-in-command, that while investigating Mr. Weiner for possibly sending sexually charged messages to a teenage minor, they had recovered a laptop. Many of the 650,000 emails on the computer, they said, were from the accounts of Ms. Abedin, according to people familiar with the matter."
Old 11-01-2016, 02:13 PM   #980
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
The buzz on the Weiner files(lol) is that there will be something in there that violates an immunity deal of somebody close to Hillary. This is because some of the emails on his PC were Humas.

650,000 emails- source is the FBI

Via Wall Street journal and Washington post

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...?client=safari

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.c...?client=safari

" The latest development began in early October when New York-based FBI officials notified Andrew McCabe, the bureauís second-in-command, that while investigating Mr. Weiner for possibly sending sexually charged messages to a teenage minor, they had recovered a laptop. Many of the 650,000 emails on the computer, they said, were from the accounts of Ms. Abedin, according to people familiar with the matter."
That's insane. Maybe every email either of them accessed on that computer was saved in a cache or something? Seems more likely the WSJ's source got that detail wrong.