Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Television and Movie Discussion

Old 12-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock
Default Re: Good TV Shows to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh! View Post
modern family is a gem. reminds me of arrested development in some ways.
It was probably my favorite show this season. Big bang was also really good this season.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #22
War
Zounds!
Contributor

War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to War

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh! View Post
modern family is a gem. reminds me of arrested development in some ways.
Better or worse? Because I watched the first three episode of Modern Family and while some of the characters were good, the writing seemed so cliche and it wasn't worth the time to continue. On the other hand, I think Arrested Development is one of the best shows ever put on TV, so if it picked up later I'd revisit it.
War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #23
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

If you are as passionate about AD as most AD fans are, than I don't think any show could ever replace it, but Modern Family (the 4 or so episodes I have seen) has been entertaining, and I like the characters. Watchable but not great imo.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #24
RagingAscetic
goddambler...

RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.RagingAscetic is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.
Send a message via AIM to RagingAscetic

So at what point does 30 Rock actually become funny? I keep hearing infy people say it's the best etc etc, so I watched the first 3 episodes and it was pretty meh... when does it get good(so I can just skip to those episodes )?
RagingAscetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #25
seanw22
tswizzle champion

seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?seanw22 , waysr?

it's gotten more and more funny as the characters continue to develop even in the later episodes
seanw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #26
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingAscetic View Post
So at what point does 30 Rock actually become funny? I keep hearing infy people say it's the best etc etc, so I watched the first 3 episodes and it was pretty meh... when does it get good(so I can just skip to those episodes )?
Tina Fey is the best part of that show for me. Its not anything in a particular episode. But ep after ep her quirky cute (god damn I sound gay) sense of humor just makes me wanna bone the shit out of her (not masking my gayness....).
Old 12-26-2009, 06:19 AM   #27
Tsung
Yosemite?
Repeat Contributor

Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?Tsung , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingAscetic View Post
I really didn't like the first season, but it really picked up in the second. I think it only really starts becoming funny once you're used to all the characters' quirks, at which point a lot of the one-liners become hilarious.

It's kind of like Parks and Recreation. The first season was a moderately amusing Office knockoff, but I've lol'ed a lot in the second season.
Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #28
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
I really didn't like the first season, but it really picked up in the second. I think it only really starts becoming funny once you're used to all the characters' quirks, at which point a lot of the one-liners become hilarious.

It's kind of like Parks and Recreation. The first season was a moderately amusing Office knockoff, but I've lol'ed a lot in the second season.
The halloween episode was fuckin awesome.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #29
Graygod
I'm so pretty.
Administrator

Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Graygod

yeah, totally agree with tsung. 30 rock s1 is pretty bland, but s2 and onward has a lot of really great episodes. parks and rec was awful in s1, but probably the best NBC comedy this past season.
Graygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #30
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Community wants several words with you

To know me as hardly golden is to know me all wrong

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote