Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Magic the Gathering > Magic General Discussion

Old 01-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #21
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.
Default Re: Aether Revolt

it's certainly one of the better 'tax' counterspells we've seen in some time

combined with Baral and/or clues (or servo tokens) - it's pretty damned strong

To know me as hardly golden is to know me all wrong

Wagers

JonasDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #22
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

The wording on the "improvise" mechanic is interesting.

I don't think it implies that the opponent has priority at any point, but is there a reason for that kind of phrasing in the first place?
Old 01-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #23
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Improve mana leak is busted AF right?
Why? It cost 3. Better in the dedicated artifact decks that can leave artifacts untapped. Worse in every other deck.

binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #24
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
I don't know if this will be as good in limited...
"Destroy a creature of your choice without flying attacking you. You gain 2 life."

Seems ok, but this is probably how it plays.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #25
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.JonasDash is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennuistic View Post
The wording on the "improvise" mechanic is interesting.

I don't think it implies that the opponent has priority at any point, but is there a reason for that kind of phrasing in the first place?
So you can't tap artifacts and then sac them for mana to something like Ashnod's Alter or Krark-Clan Ironworks, effectively double dipping on the payment

Wagers

Old 01-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #26
ennuistic
needs haircut

ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?ennuistic , waysr?

That is really specific.

I guess we can expect a card with the mechanic that would be broken with lotus petal type stuff then?
Old 01-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #27
JonasDash
ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD
Contributor

Quote:
That is really specific.

I guess we can expect a card with the mechanic that would be broken with lotus petal type stuff then?
That's possible, but unlikely. I'd be more willing to bet they print something that makes all (your) creatures into artifacts or similar, which could then be very abused with Improvise and Eldrazi Spawn if this wording had not been put in place

Wagers

Old 01-05-2017, 06:48 PM   #28
lazarusl
grandpa
Repeat Contributor

lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?lazarusl , waysr?

Quote:
That is really specific.

FWIW, there's a new PW that makes lotus petals (called something different, but otherwise the same thing).

http://www.magicspoiler.com/wp-conte...er-Spoiler.png

Last edited by lazarusl; 01-05-2017 at 06:49 PM.
lazarusl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #29
ennuistic
needs haircut

That guy looks pretty bad.

I don't really know what to think of planeswalkers anymore. When they came up with the concept, it was pretty much the bee's knees for a while, but now more and more it just feels so underwhelming.

These new guys are never particularly interesting or powerful, but every set it just seems like they can print some random garbage like this guy and he'll be a guaranteed 10$ for whatever reason.

Also, not that it would matter anyway given how bad this guy is, but those faux petals also have T: in their sacrifice cost. It's pretty lame.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #30
ennuistic
needs haircut

Wait, what the hell, lotus petal was erratum-ed?