Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Weazy
Punter
Contributor

Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?Weazy , waysr?
Default The Chronicles of Weazy

Might as well start one of these since I'm on here and haven't been shy about sharing opinions / observations. Not to mention this gives me a place to capture MTG and other related musings in one place.

I want to get better at limited formats and will try to draft more and post caps for comments / observations. I think that's one of the best ways to learn.

I'd also like to improve at constructed (standard / modern) which may begin with quenching my desire to brew rogue decks on my own and try to jam them into tier 1 decks designed be people that know what the hell they're actually doing. I think I've vastly improved in terms of play recently but I can attribute that to the advice and guidance I've gotten from friends that play better than me and who have all been playing much longer.

In 2014 I'm setting a goal to attend at least 4 GPs. I've attended 4 so far over the past few years and have had a really good time at all of them, despite never making a day 2. Which I want to do in 2014 - day 2 a GP. I think my best shot is to day 2 constructed becuase I'm not great at limited (still a lot to learn RE: deckbuilding / evaluating cards and synergies among the pool) but I'm actively trying to improve. I might shoot for a few SGC Open tourneys but I'm not going out of my way for one of those. I'll also be attending as many local (~ 4 hr drive) PTQs as possible. So, I may see you around at one of these events in the coming year. If so, don't hesitiate to say hi if we haven't met before.
Weazy is offline   Reply With Quote