Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #91
War
Zounds!
Contributor

War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to War
Default Re: Klutz's Stumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
White and Blue done. Teetering Peaks still holds the record, but Umara Raptor missed it by 1 (62, most of which are not being kept).
It's too bad Texas is not cold enough for a fireplace...
War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #92
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

If I'm feeling energetic, I'll bring them to the big prerelease and dump them there. Which probably means Alex Baker will get them.

Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #93
zatanna
Contributor

zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
It's too bad Texas is not cold enough for a fireplace...
Yeah it weirded me out that all of the med ctr condos we looked at had fireplaces. WTF tx.

Last edited by zatanna; 01-26-2010 at 07:18 AM.
zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #94
blake31678
pitchslapped
ContributorModerator

blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?blake31678 , waysr?

All the places we look at have fireplaces too - I think it's more for atmosphere. It's not like most of them put out a bunch of heat anyway, unless you're sitting right next to them, imo tbh.
blake31678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #95
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

Fires in fireplaces make all the other rooms of the house a few degrees colder...really not a heat thing at all haha.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #96
War
Zounds!
Contributor

War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to War

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake31678 View Post
All the places we look at have fireplaces too - I think it's more for atmosphere. It's not like most of them put out a bunch of heat anyway, unless you're sitting right next to them, imo tbh.
That's just because you guys just have ornamental fireplaces. The real shit is these massive wood-burning cast iron or soapstone stoves in the middle of the living room, with incoming water pipes through the flue for heating, and a huge hearth to retain heat. You can keep your house tolerably warm just by burning a few trees over the winter.

We may or may not use those up north.
War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #97
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Wow. 72 Geopedes. Keeping 56.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #98
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Wow. 72 Geopedes. Keeping 56.
This is why we don't care when you take all the commons after a team draft.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #99
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Yep. Ask and you shall receive.

I need more M10 commons though... we didn't draft that set much. Random requests like Convincing Mirage, Sign in Blood, and Doom Blade can be very tough to fill, and as for M10 uncommons you can just about forget about it. (Believe it or not to those who drafted M10 with me, I still have only 3 Harm's Way.)

Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #100
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Low-medium priority looking for list:

3 Siege-Gang Commander
3 Earthquake (need to double-check on this)
1 Noble Hierarch
1 Knight of the Reliquary
1 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Gaddock Teeg
2 Marsh Flats (need to double-check on this)

Might start trying to trade for Rav duals too, but realistically if I'm going to play any Extended deck other than maybe mono-red Burn I'll need to borrow tons of lands and other high-value staples to do so.

I'm thinking the time has come for me to start having at least one real Standard and Extended deck put together. There's a lot of random cool Standard/Extended events coming up in the next few months, and although I'd like to judge a couple I'd also like the option of playing. Valakut seems like a fine and easy place to start for Standard. Eventually I'd like to see if I can put Jund together. As for Extended, Doran actually seems like a fine deck to have together. Recent PTQ wins aside, it's the kind of deck that although is never top tier can also never be completely discounted. Extended mono-red is probably worth assembling also.