Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #1001
Suari
Regaler of stories

Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?Suari , waysr?
Default Re: Klutz's Stumbles

its really hard to energize a group that doesn't have a base store anymore.

I mean we were never really that serious about playing competitively on the pro tour, it just happened.

It is tough to try to play magic do well at a professional level when you have a job or any other activity you engage with.

If you really want to go further in magic you would have to drastically change your lifestyle to playing mtgo 24/7 and going to every 5k, but that just is not feasable. co

I think most people just try to see how well they can do with the limited amount of time they have to test and hope for the best.

1:1 Daigo not making top 8 of MVC3
1:4 Justin winning MVC3
Suari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #1002
GodzillaScott
Hiding in fog.

GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suari View Post

I mean we were never really that serious about playing competitively on the pro tour, it just happened.
I have been trying to make Asgard my base store,if nothing else than for the convenience and proximity to work. The player base is getting better.

Right now, Stag's is beginning to become the base store which is a bit ironic.
GodzillaScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #1003
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Asgard is great, but the hours are an issue. Adding Stag's resolves much of that issue though.
Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #1004
Spike614
Raze Fear

Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?Spike614 , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suari View Post

It is tough to try to play magic do well at a professional level when you have a job or any other activity you engage with.

If you really want to go further in magic you would have to drastically change your lifestyle to playing mtgo 24/7 and going to every 5k, but that just is not feasable. co

I think most people just try to see how well they can do with the limited amount of time they have to test and hope for the best.
You are completely wrong per Paul Rietzl's success. and ya I was never trying to revitalize houston magic like Ty is, I tried to quit. it's just... not working out.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #1005
Cecilia Jupe
Big Mac
Contributor

Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.Cecilia Jupe is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Cecilia Jupe

i'm not really trying. i'm just doing my thing for me. if you want to come along for the ride, you're welcome to join.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post
Stop being an ass.
Cecilia Jupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #1006
GodzillaScott
Hiding in fog.

GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?GodzillaScott , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia Jupe View Post
i'm not really trying. i'm just doing my thing for me. if you want to come along for the ride, you're welcome to join.
Great, now you got this song back into my head.

I guess that I will just roll with it.

ALWAYS, I WANT TO BE WITH YOU AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU AND LIVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY, OH YEAH!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #1007
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia Jupe View Post
i'm just doing my thing for me. if you want to come along for the ride, you're welcome to join.
That's the only way to do it: by realizing that improving the community is in your own best interest.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #1008
GodzillaScott
Hiding in fog.

Oh, poop, now it evolved into this...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #1009
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Deadline for card loan requests for the GP is TONIGHT 9PM.

I'll be leaving straight from work tomorrow for the GP so I won't have time to find and set aside any requests made Friday or late Thursday, and I won't be in a position to check Internet and dig through stuff between arrival Friday and work time Saturday morning. I will have cards with me but they'll be in the car in a parking garage somewhere.

EDIT: Most of you know but mostly what I have is commons and uncommons. My stock isn't high on chase uncommons but I might be able to furnish some of those.

Last edited by Klutz; 04-07-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #1010
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Shotgun the Mystics and the Heroes, but it's not like you are packing those anyway...

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote