Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #101
Esper3k
Diety-challenged.

Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.
Default Re: Klutz's Stumbles

Build a Legacy deck!

Then go into Vintage *drool*
Esper3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #102
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
Build a Legacy deck!

And you wonder why I don't understand you people.
binger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #103
Esper3k
Diety-challenged.

Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.

What do you mean by "you people"?!?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #104
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.binger is untouchable.

Asians dawg. Asians.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #105
Esper3k
Diety-challenged.

If you were white, but I'd accuse you of being a racist, sir!

But luckily, you're not so you're safe from that accusation.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #106
binger
You know who this is
Repeat Contributor

Asians are the least racist people on earth. There's something about building railroads that calms the soul.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #107
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
Build a Legacy deck!

I have 3 Force of Will, but that's it as far as Legacy staples go. Maybe a Mox Diamond, but I think only Loam plays that and I don't think that deck is actually good in Legacy these days. I'd even have trouble with Legacy Burn... no Chain Lightnings or Price of Progress and maybe one Fireblast.

Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #108
Esper3k
Diety-challenged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
I have 3 Force of Will, but that's it as far as Legacy staples go. Maybe a Mox Diamond, but I think only Loam plays that and I don't think that deck is actually good in Legacy these days. I'd even have trouble with Legacy Burn... no Chain Lightnings or Price of Progress and maybe one Fireblast.
Really, the staples you need just depend on what deck you want to play.

Loam based decks are actually pretty popular right now (especially 43 Lands, which uses both Loam and Mox Diamond).

Aggro Loam decks also use both Loam + Mox Diamond.

Stax uses Mox Diamond as well.

Any blue deck you play will use FoW and typically Daze as well.

The most expensive thing generally will be your manabase. Luckily, I'm guessing you probably have most of the Zendikar fetches, which work just fine most of the time instead of the Onslaught ones (especially Misty Rainforest for the blue decks). Getting the original Duals is pretty pricey though.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #109
Esper3k
Diety-challenged.

Oh yeah, Menendian's SCG article that was originally posted yesterday as premium content got moved down to public content - it's pretty neat, it lists like 50 Legacy decks that you'll probably/might run into.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/l...of_Legacy.html
Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #110
Esper3k
Diety-challenged.

Heh yeah in Legacy, there is no deck that has great matchups against everything. Even the rogue decks can randomly drop an Aluren, Cavern Harpy, then Parasitic Strix and kill you.