Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #121
sage.sam
I'm yer huckleberry
Repeat Contributor

sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?sage.sam , waysr?
Default Re: Klutz's Stumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Yep. Ask and you shall receive.
...above and beyond expectations. +rep for grocery sacks of cards.
sage.sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #122
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ho View Post
I appreciate the debunking you provide Aaron. Now, I'm interested to hear how someone knowledgeable about the physical world comprehends the metaphysical. You always have the hat on, so would you mind sharing a bit of your beliefs?
Short answer: Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Long answer is not likely to be forthcoming today, but perhaps at some point.

The "hat" (Kipah) is primarily an Israeli solidarity symbol. Though not a very good one, and their national behavior has been trying lately, but it stays for now.

Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #123
War
Zounds!
Contributor

War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to War

Not to get off-track, but those settlers seem a little too uppity for me. I guess I can't fully understand the religious mandate they have to settle in Gaza. It's almost too simple: if I don't keep building houses in this area where I keep getting either bombed or bulldozed and go back to the safety of the mainland, then this all goes away.

I say that tongue in cheek because I've had more faithful people than I tell me I really couldn't understand.
War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #124
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
Not to get off-track, but those settlers seem a little too uppity for me. I guess I can't fully understand the religious mandate they have to settle in Gaza. It's almost too simple: if I don't keep building houses in this area where I keep getting either bombed or bulldozed and go back to the safety of the mainland, then this all goes away.

I say that tongue in cheek because I've had more faithful people than I tell me I really couldn't understand.
My uncle is one of those settlers. Easily one of the nicest human beings I've ever met. He and his wife couldn't have children, so they adopted three. Then it turned out they could, and had two more of their own. And with the house already full, they then adopted a 9-year-old from a troubled home. He works as a nurse, and I don't think she works outside the house. And Israeli nurses don't exactly make a bundle. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a warmer, more inclusive and generous family.

I say all that to underscore:
- I do understand.
- And I agree with you 100%.

I wouldn't use the term "uppity". "Zealous" is probably closer. From the Jewish religious perspective, they do indeed have a mandate.

But their collective actions are detrimental to their country... and ultimately, to their religion. Settling in the Holy Land is far from the only mandate in the Bible, as those of us who don't live there are well aware. Little things like "love thy neighbor" also have some standing as Jewish mandates. While I concede that's one of the most difficult places to test the neighbor commandment, it's also one of the most critical.

I said the Kipah as a symbol of Israeli solidarity was "not a very good one". The reason is if I were to wear it in Israel, I'd be lumped in under the religious conservative umbrella that includes the settler movement.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #125
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

So I'm reading a story about the latest escalation of words between Syria's president and Israel's foreign minister and all I can think is...

...will you two just cut to the chase and 2v2 already!

Israel's foreign minister is a total lunatic, by the way. Add "complexities of multiparty parlimentary democracy" to my list of topics to cover at some point.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #126
Tobey
Not at those prices
Repeat Contributor

Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?Tobey , waysr?

It's called a Bar Mitzvah hat, dude.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #127
Esper3k
Diety-challenged.

Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.Esper3k is a rep cirlce doucenozzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
It's called a Bar Mitzvah hat, dude.
I thought those were condoms...
Esper3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #128
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
So I'm reading a story about the latest escalation of words between Syria's president and Israel's foreign minister and all I can think is...

...will you two just cut to the chase and 2v2 already!

Israel's foreign minister is a total lunatic, by the way. Add "complexities of multiparty parlimentary democracy" to my list of topics to cover at some point.
Can we add the total worthlessness of bipartisan democracy to your list?
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #129
War
Zounds!
Contributor

War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?War , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to War

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Can we add the total worthlessness of bipartisan democracy to your list?
Only when it actually takes a supermajority to get anything done. Seriously, bring out the cots already and force those old men to own up to their actions.
War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #130
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Only 59 Wild Nacatl.

(Working on sorting Shards block stuff today.)