Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #501
snow
Noblesse Oblige

snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?
Default Re: Klutz's Stumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I don't want to come off as ignorant, but the issue honestly only comes down to one thing, and that's faith. It's pretty well established that neither said can provide proof for or against. I think there are people that will just argue until they're blue in the face, and to them I ask WAYSR?
i agree.

just leave it the fuck alone.

Spoiler:

Phu
1 Tunnel Ignus
1 Viscera Seer
1 Pulse Tracker
snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #502
lordofnight991
I'm a lawyer.
Repeat Contributor

lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?lordofnight991 , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to lordofnight991 Send a message via Skype™ to lordofnight991

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow View Post
i agree.

just leave it the fuck alone.
Also Kid's philosophy on women.

lordofnight991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #503
snow
Noblesse Oblige

snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?snow , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofnight991 View Post
Also Kid's philosophy on women.
/wrists

Spoiler:

Phu
1 Tunnel Ignus
1 Viscera Seer
1 Pulse Tracker
snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #504
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I don't want to come off as ignorant, but the issue honestly only comes down to one thing, and that's faith. It's pretty well established that neither said can provide proof for or against. I think there are people that will just argue until they're blue in the face, and to them I ask WAYSR?
Some people are comfortable with simply taking everything on faith. That's true on both sides: religious people who believe in God and non-religious people who don't. There really isn't much meaningful dialogue that can take place between those camps.

Some people demand more rational argument/explanation to support their position. Again, that's true on both sides: religious people who believe in God and non-religious people who don't. Yes, there are hordes and hordes of religious people that are genuinely interested in rational argument/explanation of their religious beliefs... and of course non-religious people who seek the same. These sides can have meaningful dialogue, and this is where things get fun.

The second link above is basically an agnostic (Gary Gutting) poking massive holes in the arguments of an atheist (Richard Dawkins) on why God cannot exist. The first is more general discussion about how Gary tries to stimulate religious people (Catholics in specific) to engage their beliefs on a more intellectual / rational level.
Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #505
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?

Lost to Phu's 2Titan.dec:
W/B
Creatures (17)
2Squadron Hawk
2Blinding Mage
1Child of Night
1Reassembling Skeleton
1Black Knight
1Gargoyle Sentinel
2Barony Vampire
1Assault Griffin
1Gravedigger
1Cloud Crusader
2Howling Banshee
1Nightwing Shade
1Vengeful Archon
Spells (6)
1Stabbing Pain
1Assassinate
1Safe Passage
1Mind Rot
1Sorcerer's Strongbox
1Liliana Vess

Land (17)
9Swamp
8Plains
SB (used):
1Infantry Veteran
1Roc Egg

SB (relevant on-color):
1Elite Vanguard
1Ajani's Pridemate
2Palace Guard
1Tireless Missionaries
1Solemn Offering
1Bloodthrone Vampire
1Duress
1Unholy Strength
1Dark Tutelage

It also missed 4 flips in a row on Strongbox FTL in the loser's bracket match.
First 4 picks were Blinding Mage, Blinding Mage, Assassinate, Black Knight, but aside from the late Banshees in pack 3 and a bomb or two (Liliana, Archon) it never really took off from there. Note to self: B/W needs a lot of removal to compete.

EDIT: While the loss in game 3 where I didn't mark down Phu's Child lifegain was frustrating, the really frustrating loss was game 2, where Phu kept a 1-lander, missed his 2nd land drop, but still got there. I had kept a pretty slow draw and once Phu got his 2nd land he had 4 creatures on the board to my 1 including a swampwalker, and although I made quite a game of it including ripping his hand to shreds with Liliana and Mind Rot in the end I could never get on the offensive enough to get the job done. Phu didn't resolve a Titan that game either.

3-0'd the Tuesday 3v3 (Fuzzy, Jose, myself vs Demone, Trey, Scott):
B/u
Creatures (11)
1Child of Night
1Reassembling Skeleton
1Alluring Siren
1Black Knight
2Bog Raiders
1Liliana's Specter
1Armored Cancrix
1Rotting Legion
1Air Servant
1Demon of Death's Gate
Spells (12)
2Stabbing Pain
1Doom Blade
2Sign in Blood
3Assassinate
1Quag Sickness
1Call to Mind
1Rise from the Grave
1Mind Control

Land (17)
10Swamp
7Island

SB (used)
1Flashfreeze
SB (other)
1Elixir of Immortality
2Duress
1Mind Rot
1Diabolic Tutor
1Negate
2Goblin Piker
1Goblin Tunneler
1Berserkers of Blood Ridge
1Volcanic Strength
1Demolish
1Acidic Slime
1Hornet Sting
1Dragon's Claw
1Demon's Horn
1Kraken's Eye
EDIT2: Found the sideboard.

Like this. Infy removal + card draw + crappy guys worked better than expected. Started with Doom Blade (over Chandra's Outrage and a couple of other decent cards I don't recall) in a pack with Quag Sickness and Stabbing Pain. After taking 5 more black cards the Stabbing Pain wheeled. Note there were zero on-color creatures in the board. I actually took Armored Cancrix 2nd in pack 3 I was so desperate for warm bodies.

Last edited by Klutz; 08-14-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #506
JC87
<3 Tin
Contributor

JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
I actually took Armored Cancrix 2nd in pack 3 I was so desperate for warm bodies.
Ya, it feels awkward, but sometime you have too, when you have those decks with like 50% removal spells and barely 10 dudes.
JC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #507
JC87
<3 Tin
Contributor

JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?JC87 , waysr?

I have new found respect for Siege Mastodon and dat ass.
JC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #508
phuqdao
Everliving Decayed Form
Administrator

phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?phuqdao , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Phu didn't resolve a Titan that game either.
Because only bombs win games.

You owe me: ----- I owe you: Jonasdash-$1
phuqdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #509
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuqdao View Post
Because only bombs win games.
Against that particular deck of mine, resolved Titan where my Archon isn't active is, in fact, game. So I pretty much had to win the non-Titan games. Didn't get there. Shrug.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #510
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Will's Vengeance (G/R/b)
Creatures (18)
1Birds of Paradise
1Llanowar Elves
2Sylvan Ranger
1Garruk's Companion
1Ember Hauler
1Awakener Druid
1Sacred Wolf
1Prized Unicorn
2Giant Spider
1Cudgel Troll
1Miotic Slime
1Spined Wurm
1Acidic Slime
1Yavimaya Wurm
1Platinum Angel
1Duskdale Wurm
Spells (6)
1Giant Growth
1Lightning Bolt
1Doom Blade
1Pyroclasm
1Shiv's Embrace
1Destructive Force

Land (16)
9Forest
6Mountain
1Swamp

SB (used):
1Brindle Boar
1Plummet
SB (other):
1Llanowar Elves
1Wall of Vines
2Runeclaw Bear
1Autumn's Veil
1Giant Growth
1Fog
1Naturalize
1Incite
1Volcanic Strength
1Glacial Fortress
1Condemn
1Water Servant
1Relentless Rats
1Rotting Legion
1Blood Tithe

First 5 picks, in order (Scott feeding me, who was fed by Phu):
Glacial Fortress
Condemn
Water Servant
Cudgel Troll
Ember Hauler

Every card I took after that pack 1 was green. Pack 2 I opened Platinum Angel... and then got shipped a foil Destructive Force from the left. (I found out later he took Time Reversal over it; he needed it for a deck.)

In a store draft featuring Phu, Will, Jose, Scott, and JC, I was fortunate enough to get paired against both of the two new guys. My round 1 opponent attempted U/B discard/mill... and even landed Mind Rot while Liliana's Caress was in play. Game 1 was still close due to manaflood but I took it in two.

The other new guy (who had been to my left in the draft) got paired against Will and apparently beat him. Basically he had the R/u Fire Servant / Lava Axe / Act of Treason / Arc Runner deck. Thanks to Will's laments about not boarding in Plummet I had some idea what I was facing. (I didn't hear before I played that one game was won with Reverberate on Act of Treason. I don't recall offhand what the blue was for other than the Time Reversal)

It wound up janky, but reasonably effective. Elixir of Immortality to reshuffle spells, Dragon's Claw to actually make racing it difficult, Pyretic Ritual actually being effective at speeding the big plays up, and some of the usual suspects like Chandra's Outrage and Pyroclasm. In addition to Plummet though I had the sideboard tech of Brindle Boar, which is pretty good vs Arc Runners and Act of Treason. Plummet, of course, wound up dead.