Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #71
Extra Medium
Permian Basin Wizard
Contributor

Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium
Send a message via AIM to Extra Medium
Default Re: Klutz's Stumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ho View Post
calm the fuck down nerds
pot_kettle.jpg

Pot: pot to kettle pot to kettle

Kettle: ya this is kettle here

Pot: your black

kettle:

Ein: owes me 1 old school meddling mage
Jeff: i owe Jeff 1x foil Kira
Extra Medium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #72
grimlock
I'm On Big Brother!
Repeat Contributor

grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.grimlock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to grimlock Send a message via Skype™ to grimlock

Quote:
bitch ass lil braces wearing 13 year old

go play in the ball pit
I knew someone was going to say something a lot funnier than I could.

/golfclap
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #73
Extra Medium
Permian Basin Wizard
Contributor

Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium Extra Medium
Send a message via AIM to Extra Medium

Quote:
bitch ass lil braces wearing 13 year old

go play in the ball pit
I <3 ball pits tbh. and idc what you say i took a shot of haterad today

EDIT: Also im pretty sure your just mad cause im 100% right

Ein: owes me 1 old school meddling mage
Jeff: i owe Jeff 1x foil Kira
Extra Medium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #74
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?
Default Speaking of fanciful technology...

Not sure if this counts as funny or scary:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ht/8471187.stm

Somebody has been selling, at $40K each, "dowsing rods" to Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries to detect bombs. The news today is that the UK has taken the action to ban the export of them. (The manufacturer is in the UK.)

Basically it's an antenna attached to a handgrip by a hinge. It has a black box that can hold "programmed substance detection cards" to detect different kinds of explosives or other contraband. Those "cards" have been found to be the same as the theft-prevention devices big stores here use... and they do not store information.

Klutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #75
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Default Re: Speaking of fanciful technology...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
Not sure if this counts as funny or scary:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ht/8471187.stm

Somebody has been selling, at $40K each, "dowsing rods" to Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries to detect bombs. The news today is that the UK has taken the action to ban the export of them. (The manufacturer is in the UK.)

Basically it's an antenna attached to a handgrip by a hinge. It has a black box that can hold "programmed substance detection cards" to detect different kinds of explosives or other contraband. Those "cards" have been found to be the same as the theft-prevention devices big stores here use... and they do not store information.
funny. glad i could clear that up for you.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #76
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?Klutz , waysr?
Default Re: Speaking of fanciful technology...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletalpeacock View Post
funny. glad i could clear that up for you.
You're too kind.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #77
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

Default Sorting

I've finally gotten all the stray cards out from the backseat and the trunk. (Yes, the mess that some of you saw at PT Austin.) The grand total seems to be about 7-8 long boxes worth of cards. About 90% Zendikar commons and uncommons, 5% Shards block commons and uncommons, and the rest older. There's also 3 long boxes of previously unsorted cards from various sources to tackle, including my M10 commons, but since they were at least boxed they didn't count as part of the car mess.

I've sorted the Zendikar by color and commonality, and organized the uncommons so far. 8 Hedron Crabs is the lowest quantity, probably because I gave away a playset or more. There were over 30 of a few, including Hellfire Mongrel. I've culled the excess... I may be nuts about keeping so many commons/uncommons but even I have my limits. I will hopefully remember to bring them to the big prerelease to dump there.

The goal is to finish organizing and culling the Zendikar commons before the prerelease. My over/under on the number of Plated Geopedes is 48, and 60 wouldn't surprise me.

So if you have Zendikar common/uncommon card requests, now is a pretty good time.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #78
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

Having this built would be useful for standard and I'm sure you have 90% of it.

4 Khalni Heart Expedition
1 Burst Lightning
3 Forest
2 Plated Geopede
4 Siege-Gang Commander
4 Harrow
4 Goblin Ruinblaster
4 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Rampant Growth
4 Expedition Map
4 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
3 Jund Panorama
4 Terramorphic Expanse
11 Mountain
4 Lightning Bolt

Sideboard
4 Grazing Gladehart
2 Earthquake
3 Magma Spray
2 Plated geopede
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #79
Klutz
Mountain Man
Contributor

My 4 Bloodbraid Elves are on loan (Kyle?). I think I have 1 Siege-Gang, maybe 2, and curiously for someone who's been playing as long as I have I don't think I have any Earthquakes. I do have everything else in spades though.

Has Geopede always been main/side in that deck?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #80
Athos
Look at this stuff...

Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?Athos , waysr?
Send a message via AIM to Athos

I've been foolin around with geopede and he's pretty hoss-like against everything but jund...online there's a lot of jund so I only MD 2; he's incredibly helpful against the mono-red matchup.

He's especially hilarious against path cuz path is the stone worst against this deck.
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote