Texas Magic Zone  

Go Back   Texas Magic Zone > Other Stuff > Gamer Blogs!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock
Default Re: Peacock's Flight Record

houston we have card tags.

forest

I'll have to rig to where they opne in a new window and don't underline in blue tonight.

man I guess I have to break down and buy some php and html books. The syntax of the languages suck, and the only good programming language property I see at work is inheritance.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #12
Graygod
I'm so pretty.
Administrator

Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to Graygod

Just leave it like that. I like that we have links to the card info, but pop-ups are just bad in general. Just get deck tags working and we're all set.
Graygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:22 AM   #13
luxgladius
Swords for everyone!
Administrator

luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?

Why the hate for pop up tags? I think they're a convenient way to access information.
luxgladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:46 AM   #14
Graygod
I'm so pretty.
Administrator

Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.Graygod is untouchable.

partially for the reason klutz said(covers other areas of the screen you are reading, can be an annoyance), mostly because Alex is trying to figure this out himself. He did spoiler tags yesterday, and all they did was make the text black and the BG black, so you had to highlight it to see. I have a module for a spoiler button, which I'm going to install tonight. The less complex this is, the better... at least for now.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 AM   #15
luxgladius
Swords for everyone!
Administrator

luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?luxgladius , waysr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygod View Post
partially for the reason klutz said(covers other areas of the screen you are reading, can be an annoyance), mostly because Alex is trying to figure this out himself. He did spoiler tags yesterday, and all they did was make the text black and the BG black, so you had to highlight it to see. I have a module for a spoiler button, which I'm going to install tonight. The less complex this is, the better... at least for now.
An easy way to get around that is to install a small timeout, like around 1 second. You have to hold your mouse over the link for a second before the graphic actually pops up. This prevents the flickering effect while still letting you get good use out of it. And of course, I would make it so that where possible, it pops up to the upper-left of the link to minimize the chance of it blocking stuff that you were reading.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #16
Graygod
I'm so pretty.
Administrator

Good points. I still don't know the extent to which Alex will be able to program it though. There's a chance that it'll be a popup as big as half the screen that appears at random whenever you hover over a cardname. Creating this stuff from scratch is a bit tricky. It would be much better if we had access to templates. Anyhow, I better put it to another vote.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #17
zatanna
Contributor

zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?zatanna , waysr?

Lux's idea sounds like a good middle ground. I like the hover-over image, but I can also understand why others do not, so the 1 second thing sounds pretty excellent (if it can be done :D).
zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #18
luxgladius
Swords for everyone!
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatanna View Post
Lux's idea sounds like a good middle ground. I like the hover-over image, but I can also understand why others do not, so the 1 second thing sounds pretty excellent (if it can be done :D).
Oh, it can be done. If Alex has problems with it, I'll be happy to give him a hand.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
skeletalpeacock
Takes Credit & Dank Meme
Repeat Contributor

skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.skeletalpeacock is untouchable.
Send a message via AIM to skeletalpeacock

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxgladius View Post
Oh, it can be done. If Alex has problems with it, I'll be happy to give him a hand.
Sir my programming is learn as I go. I'm a java from high school comp sci man, and I don't even have the synatx of these languages down quite yet. It's like speaking spanglish, and much trial and error is going on. I would appreciate any help. Also, I officially hate parenthesis now.

Oh, and klutz's suggestion will be followed. The front page of this thread will be updated with the day's work.
skeletalpeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #20
Graygod
I'm so pretty.
Administrator

I think we're all hodge-podging this stuff. If Luke is on when i get home, i'll give him temp admin privelages to attempt this. I need to backup the site first.